Hot Spring - Phase 3

I stopped in my local Hot Spring dealer - they informed me that all new shipped models are phase 3.

Phase 2 was the upgrade in the controls and lights! Does anyone know what all the phase 3 upgrades are?

In my few minutes - I gathared that the upgrades on the phase 3 were:

- new mother board that would allow for the salt water system plus something to do with tv/stereo options

-and new lighting behind the moto massager!

They told me the phase models will see an $800 price increase! Seems high to me if your not interested in the salt system!

I stopped in my local Hot Spring dealer - they informed me that all new shipped models are phase 3.

Phase 2 was the upgrade in the controls and lights! Does anyone know what all the phase 3 upgrades are?

- new mother board that would allow for the salt water system plus something to do with tv/stereo options

They told me the phase models will see an $800 price increase! Seems high to me if your not interested in the salt system!

Phase 3 models were out arounf the first of the year and the pricing did not jump $800 to buy the spa from Watkins. Minimal price increase across the board, but nothing to do with new equipment. I just came off dealers web page. The new ACE Salt will only work with the new spas with upgrade controls and will not work with older models. The other is a $4000.00 retail wireless Tv/Audio package

The bar top control is interfaced with the new salt and tv/audio system. If you want a salt system for a older spa, sorry out of luck unless you go third party, spapilot,Balboa etc

I haven't heard them called "Phase 3", however all the Hot Spring models received a software update (in the circuit board/hardware) which allowed them to interface with the ACE Salt System. Technically this happened in August 2009. So any 2009 model manufactured August or later will likely work. Your dealer should have exact details on which serial numbers are compatible. That being said, all 2010 models are also compatible.

The LED lighting behind the moto-massage was technically part of the Phase 2 during 2009.

As far as the ACE Salt System goes, it has quickly become very popular. Quite frankly, I think it's going to be the best thing since the first use of Ozone in hot tubs. :)