Converting To Salt Above Ground Help

hello, i have a 24 foot above ground pool.

last year i replaced the liner in the pool. the pool is older and has been installed for about 13 years.

it is steel for the frame and the ledges are plastic.

i was using chlorine but it is expensive and you smell when you come out.

i wanna switch to a salt water pool.

can anyone provide advice? many say this is the best.

i went to the pool store and they told me that i would have to buy a whole new pool. advised that i need a resin pool and the salt would eat my pool and blow the side out very quick.

any advice? anyone running a system like i have? any advise/ help is appreciated.

hello, i have a 24 foot above ground pool.

it is steel for the frame and the ledges are plastic.

i was using chlorine but it is expensive and you smell when you come out.

i wanna switch to a salt water pool.

i went to the pool store and they told me that i would have to buy a whole new pool. advised that i need a resin pool and the salt would eat my pool and blow the side out very quick.

Even Intex pool owners are generally happy with their SWGs.... 3000 ppm salt shouldn't be a problem and it certainly won't "blow the side out very quick". The Aqua Trol, as suggested by pooltech9, is a good unit.

Actually, we've seen reports of Intex pool owners who added salt (for an SWG) who had metal corrosion of some screws in their pools, but when those were replaced with higher quality stainless steel screws, the problems went away. Perhaps newer Intex pools don't have this problem anymore.