Arctic Tundra Or Summit For The Ladies?

raptorc5

My mother has decided on the Arctic brand. I am now concerned about depth and comfort of the Tundra. We love the setup, but want to make sure everyone can use it. Would the Summit be a better choice considering 4 of the 6 that use this are 5'8" or shorter?

Hi raptor,

I've commented a few times on your other thread asking about the Tundra. I hope I didn't sway you away from the Tundra on my own. Very nice tub.

When my wife and I were shopping for our tub it was between the Tundra and the Summit. We chose the Tundra.

I really liked the Summit but for me it felt too cramped. I know one of the seats I could not fit in at the hips. I did like the reclined sitting position of the Summit however.

As far as the Tundra goes it is a more upright seating position compared to the Summit. I could fit in ALL the seats that are placed at varying levels.(well except one cool down seat...have to squeeze into it)

The Summit has a recliner feel to them being tilted back more and the Tundra has a more upright dining room table chair feel to them. Both were very comfortable however.

You mentioned this was for your Mom who was 68 in another post. I just remembered what the dealer told me about the Summit and how some people have trouble getting out of the seats since they are so reclined. I do see what she meant. Absolutely no disrespect to your mom but some "seasoned citizens" or someone with a physical ailment might have an issue with this.

Although the the Tundra and the Summit are both 8' tubs the Tundra feels much larger while in it.

While in the market and shopping for a tub I was in the same situation as you are. We couldn't decide between the two. We ended up driving 2 hours one way to another dealer just to compare side by side. If at all possible I would recommend the same for you. Even if they aren't wet you still can compare. If thats not an option I'm sure you will be satisfied with either one since your doing your research and getting other peoples experiences.