Privacy Fence Ideas

I have been thinking on and studying about a privacy fencing/ screening to go between the corner of my tub and the back of my garage. When we open the cover it screens the tub it self mostly. Wife and I would like some additional screening when getting in and out of the tub. I am attaching a photo from our covered patio looking at the street. I want to screen the area from the righ rear corner of the tub to the back of the garage. It is approximately 12 feet long.

Any one have any great ideas, Preferredly with photos of what you have done. We dont what a plain board fence. Some sort of a decorated screening would be preferred. Decorations can be in the wood, plantings, vines, etc.

We will be out of town from Wednesday AM to Monday PM (a short cruise to Cozumel, MX) so If I dont reply right away you will understand.

Give me some pics and your creative ideas and help me dress this area up!

Thanks,

Don

OOPS, forgot to add picture. :rolleyes:

4072349682_273504d6cb.jpg

Good request! I have a similiar set up as yours. I'm replacing my Coleman 250 (14 years old) and a collapsed gazeebo kit which was made of redwood (also 15 years old, came down with the recent snow storm here in NJ).

I dont feel like spending $5-8$K on top of the ~ $10K for the Caldera Elation package, Hot Springs Vista. I thinking of doing something similiar with a vinyl privacy fence around the tub.

I'm also interested in seeing pictures, hearing ideas from others who did something similiar.

Joe G.

Bayonne, NJ

I've just posted info on building your own steps for a large/tall spa, but my picture there also shows our fence behind the spa. I topped our 57" block wall behind the spa with a 27" redwood topper. The wisteria on the fence has advanced another 8' along the topper since last Spring.

http://images1e.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ff...%3A595335nu0mrj

I've just posted info on building your own steps for a large/tall spa, but my picture there also shows our fence behind the spa. I topped our 57" block wall behind the spa with a 27" redwood topper. The wisteria on the fence has advanced another 8' along the topper since last Spring.

http://images1e.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ff...%3A595335nu0mrj

Thanks,

Good looking job on the steps and fence. That Wisteria is really nice!! ;)

Any other ideas????

BigD, Giving any thought to evergreen plants along the fence line? A row of Italian cedars or a double row of tall lush hedge might look a lot better than a fence.

Hereabouts, fences at construction sites are often shrouded with black or dark green plastic screen. Could hide things until those plants are up to it.

ADDED: OR, maybe a pergola above the fence supporting an evergreen vine such as jasmine. See my pic here of a jasmine (smells great) completely the sign on the side of this truck.

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID..._NAME=snapfish/

B)