Sundance Altamar 880 - Everything Flashing - Weird

griffe

Hello,

We have a 3 year oldt880 which was working fine until the end of last summer when it seemed as if the Spa was not heating properly. We drained the Spa and left it through the Winter, now that the weather is warmer and we have 'time' we are trying to get it up and running again.

We filled the Spa up, replaced the filter, and turned on the breaker... Everything seemed to be going fine. It said ICE and showed the Heating icon.

After 20 minutes I checked it again, this time the LCD was flashing everything... Seems as if every component on the LCD screen would randomly flash... The Jets were turning on and off....

I went and cut the power... Waited a hour, tried it again....

This time it showed ICE / FLO / COLD. I tried diagnosing the FLO error but before I could spend much time on it, the LCD started flashing randomly again and the jets were turning on and off.....

I can't seem to find any information on this problem... I'm not sure what its related to.. First I thought Flow Switch, now I am thinking PC board?

Ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hello,

We have a 3 year oldt880 which was working fine until the end of last summer when it seemed as if the Spa was not heating properly. We drained the Spa and left it through the Winter, now that the weather is warmer and we have 'time' we are trying to get it up and running again.

We filled the Spa up, replaced the filter, and turned on the breaker... Everything seemed to be going fine. It said ICE and showed the Heating icon.

After 20 minutes I checked it again, this time the LCD was flashing everything... Seems as if every component on the LCD screen would randomly flash... The Jets were turning on and off....

I went and cut the power... Waited a hour, tried it again....

This time it showed ICE / FLO / COLD. I tried diagnosing the FLO error but before I could spend much time on it, the LCD started flashing randomly again and the jets were turning on and off.....

I can't seem to find any information on this problem... I'm not sure what its related to.. First I thought Flow Switch, now I am thinking PC board?

Ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Did you ever find a tech to figure this out? Sounds like a software issue in your control board or a messed up board.

I think we have corrected the issue.

As I suspected, a filter sock got sucked into the plumbing (which was causing the FLO) problem. Somehow all the errors ICE/COLD/FLOW etc would freak out the board after 20 minutes.

We are going to test today and see what happens.

I think we have corrected the issue.

As I suspected, a filter sock got sucked into the plumbing (which was causing the FLO) problem. Somehow all the errors ICE/COLD/FLOW etc would freak out the board after 20 minutes.

We are going to test today and see what happens.

Those socks were a bad idea IMO. Have you ever replaced them in 3 years?