2004 Sweatwater Spa?

Colt

I was out of town for about a month this winter and evedently we had a power outage or a surge and my hot tub whent down while it was about 30 below. Needless to say it busted some pipes. All the pumps seem to be OK. The part that broke was on the suction side of the big two stage pump. The 2" plumbing comes out of the tub shell then right away there is a bulge looking peace and that is what i was wondering about. What is this peace? it is about 4" in diamiter and glues into a 2" pipe and looks sort of like a football. Also, I had to tear out the old instalation and was wondering how to replace that. Thanks folks.

I was out of town for about a month this winter and evedently we had a power outage or a surge and my hot tub whent down while it was about 30 below. Needless to say it busted some pipes. All the pumps seem to be OK. The part that broke was on the suction side of the big two stage pump. The 2" plumbing comes out of the tub shell then right away there is a bulge looking peace and that is what i was wondering about. What is this peace? it is about 4" in diamiter and glues into a 2" pipe and looks sort of like a football. Also, I had to tear out the old instalation and was wondering how to replace that. Thanks folks.

It might be a check valve. Some spas have them installed I have told to replace them when faulty or leave it out. If your has one replace it. A check valve has a rubber flap or spring loaded device to keep the water from going the other direction. look for the word FLOW with a arrow on it. Most are white but some are like a smoke or blue color you can see in. here is link to a picture of one

http://www.horizonparts.net/store/main.asp...tem=26-350-1090