How Would This Work To Move The Spa?

cpuKEN

The pneumatic tires may not be the problem everyone claims. All depends on landscape. We deliver spas daily with the Spa Dolly system, which uses pneumatic tires on it's cart. It works extremely well in most applications.

However, our cart sits MUCH lower to the ground. It's a lot easier to get the spa onto the cart, and then off of it. In fact, it sits low enough that you can lift up a spa (which is flat on the ground) and just stand it up onto the cart. (Set the cart beside it, then lift one side and stand it up). With the cart you've depicted, I highly doubt that will be possible. That cart is pretty darn tall.

If those are 10" tires, I'm going to guess the whole thing is 13"-14" tall based on the picture. You'd have to lift the spa onto it. Won't be able to stand the spa up on edge on it. You'd have to simply pick the whole spa up and set it down on that cart. With the proper equipment, a large spa can be delivered by 2-3 guys in most cases (without carrying the spa at all).

But, this is one of those numerous reasons why folks should buy from a local dealer.

The pneumatic tires may not be the problem everyone claims. All depends on landscape. We deliver spas daily with the Spa Dolly system, which uses pneumatic tires on it's cart. It works extremely well in most applications.

However, our cart sits MUCH lower to the ground. It's a lot easier to get the spa onto the cart, and then off of it. In fact, it sits low enough that you can lift up a spa (which is flat on the ground) and just stand it up onto the cart. (Set the cart beside it, then lift one side and stand it up). With the cart you've depicted, I highly doubt that will be possible. That cart is pretty darn tall.

If those are 10" tires, I'm going to guess the whole thing is 13"-14" tall based on the picture. You'd have to lift the spa onto it. Won't be able to stand the spa up on edge on it. You'd have to simply pick the whole spa up and set it down on that cart. With the proper equipment, a large spa can be delivered by 2-3 guys in most cases (without carrying the spa at all).

But, this is one of those numerous reasons why folks should buy from a local dealer.

This is what I was talking about in my second post.

I can see having some real problems....

• 9 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/22/2010 at 7:07 AM, BigDfromTN said:

I borrowed and idea from a product called a Spa Sled or something like that. Do an internet search and check it out. Ending up buying a 4X8 sheet of polypropylene (sp?). attached a piece of 2X4 to one end put holes for straps in other end and it worked great! I also had some PVC pipes available if we needed them. Once I got the tub home and was moving it on the pad I did use the PVC. Amazingly I was able to move it any of the 4 different directions as needed to complete my hook up to the power. LOL it was funny... I told wife I was going out to hook up wiring and my need her to help me get the pipes out from under the tub in a bit. She came out later and I was filling the tub. Her response was dont you want to get those pipes out before you put more weight in it????? Told I did it by my self and she was amazed.

edit, seeing the question above....

I used 2 pieces of 1" electrical conduit. This was once it was laid flat and on the pad. It rolled very easy and slide easy enough. Was able to use a short 2x4 board and a block to raise one side and remove one pipe, then go to other side and remove the other. Really simple.

When moving on edge and across soft ground I would use more pieces to distribute the weight and possibly use the boards as well if ground is soft.