About To Pull The Trigger

No Quarter

After years of wanting one and a month of showroom visits, we are about to pull the trigger on a new hot tub. We are 99% sure we are going with the Hotspring Sovereign. We wet tested a '09 floor model and really like it a lot.

I feel like we are getting a decent deal. New 2010 tub in any color combo, upgraded lifter, wood steps, delivery, set-up, gfci box, starter chemical package & tax for about $8k.

This dealer has come down about $1k to the current price. They are really motivated to sell. I don't think they will come down any further on the price but I may try to get some smaller items thrown in the mix to seal the deal.

Looking for suggestions on what to hit them up for like incidentals I will need, extra chemicals etc.. What other items have you gotten to dealers to include to get er done?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for suggestions on what to hit them up for like incidentals I will need, extra chemicals etc.. What other items have you gotten to dealers to include to get er done?

Thanks in advance!

My advice at this point is always the same. Once you get to the point where you think you've been given their best price but you want to see if you an eek out a little more there is one simple, effective approach I like, store credit.

You seem to be getting all the immediate needs with the package they presented but you'll need more chems and who knows what else later so I'd say "give me $200 (or whatever) in store credit for future needs and I'll make the deal". Store credit is always more preferable to them than lowering the price the same amount and they'll know you're coming back to the store for the chems but you'll have post sale needs anyway so its a good way to seal the deal for both sides and get a little more your way.

Thanks in advance!

My advice at this point is always the same. Once you get to the point where you think you've been given their best price but you want to see if you an eek out a little more there is one simple, effective approach I like, store credit.

You seem to be getting all the immediate needs with the package they presented but you'll need more chems and who knows what else later so I'd say "give me $200 (or whatever) in store credit for future needs and I'll make the deal". Store credit is always more preferable to them than lowering the price the same amount and they'll know you're coming back to the store for the chems but you'll have post sale needs anyway so its a good way to seal the deal for both sides and get a little more your way.

+1

Store credit is a great idea.

Thanks in advance!

+1

Store credit is a great idea.

If you like the spa, the dealer, and you are happy with the price...go for it!

As far as little things to throw in, I would ask for an extra set of filters. Congrats!!