Went Fishing Today

sdriv

So a few weeks ago I started losing a bit of water. A week or two went by and it became more and more. I read the few posts on Fix a leak and decided to try it. Las week with the luck of a couple of warm days, after I ran the fix a leak through, I drained it let it cure for 3 days then refilled :D Well 2 days later I was down 3". The leak actually got worse. So now we were in some seriously cold weather and I was filling, heating and losing 2"-3" a day $$$$$. So today I got out the screwgun and took the side panel off and started digging. After removing about a square foot of insulation I fished out the culprit. The check valve for the 2nd pump suction line was cracked in half.I hopped in the car and was off to Lowes and believe it or not I found everything I needed. I got it all glued up ran the heat gun on it to cure it a bit and started the refill. Its now been an hour and no leaks :lol: so keeps your fingers crossed for me when I wake up tommorow I hope to see a dry slab!!

So a few weeks ago I started losing a bit of water. A week or two went by and it became more and more. I read the few posts on Fix a leak and decided to try it. Las week with the luck of a couple of warm days, after I ran the fix a leak through, I drained it let it cure for 3 days then refilled :D Well 2 days later I was down 3". The leak actually got worse. So now we were in some seriously cold weather and I was filling, heating and losing 2"-3" a day $$$$$. So today I got out the screwgun and took the side panel off and started digging. After removing about a square foot of insulation I fished out the culprit. The check valve for the 2nd pump suction line was cracked in half.I hopped in the car and was off to Lowes and believe it or not I found everything I needed. I got it all glued up ran the heat gun on it to cure it a bit and started the refill. Its now been an hour and no leaks :lol: so keeps your fingers crossed for me when I wake up tommorow I hope to see a dry slab!!

Well done. Sometimes getting yourself started is the hardest part.

If it is spray foam insulation, you can buy that at Lowe's too in an aerosol can.

You said you had to dig, so I'm assuming that's what you have.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I do have the foam insulation hence the digging. I was just wondering if there was a special type to use but it seems as if the standard Lowes issue will do!