Please Need Some Advice And Input

teedoff

Ok what I would like to know are my options. Pool was installed 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems. The lastest, as I posted in a recent post, is that the liner has lost suction (its floating) and lost water as well. To me that seems to be quite a coincidence. A pool contractor came out and I assume knows there is a drainage problem and suggested I turn it in to my homeowners. My problem is the company that originally installed the pool (henceforth known as crooks) didnt bother to get building permits or any permits for that matter. I asked them about it the first day they started digging and they said dont worry about it. My question is what happens if I do turn the claim in on my homeowners? Will they fuss about the lack of building permits? or would they really get me in a lot of trouble? Also what about the crooks that installede the pool? Is there any recourse against them if I do get in some trouble with no permits? Is there a way I could even make the pool contractors responsible for their shotty work?? Thanks for any ideas!

If the pool builder is still in business, get a lawyer. Your insurance will more than likely turn you down because there wasn't any permits pulled. Remember, your insurance company is looking for a reason not to pay a claim, and not having permits would be a no brainier for them.