Looking At Buying A Used Spa Need Advice

trooper

Hi guys , Im new to the forum and need some advice. My wife and I are looking at a 11 yr old Hot Springs Spa Sovereign 6 person hot tub. the tub looks brand new it is in excellant cond. the seller is wanting 3500.00 for it. does this sound like a fair price? it seems high to me ,but thats why i wanted some of your input on what you think. I dont want to purchase a lot of future repairs. I will already have to pay an electrican to wire for 220. Does anyone have this hot tub? Is it costly on the electic bill to run. The seller tells me it will cost 14.00 a month to run, I'm located in NE Florida. At the age of this tub is there anything that I should look for as far as mechinical, hoses, ect? Thks for any help you can give

Hi guys , Im new to the forum and need some advice. My wife and I are looking at a 11 yr old Hot Springs Spa Sovereign 6 person hot tub. the tub looks brand new it is in excellant cond. the seller is wanting 3500.00 for it. does this sound like a fair price? it seems high to me ,but thats why i wanted some of your input on what you think. I dont want to purchase a lot of future repairs. I will already have to pay an electrican to wire for 220. Does anyone have this hot tub? Is it costly on the electic bill to run. The seller tells me it will cost 14.00 a month to run, I'm located in NE Florida. At the age of this tub is there anything that I should look for as far as mechinical, hoses, ect? Thks for any help you can give

Hi, trooper,

I think you are right -- the price is high. I paid the same amount, $3,500.00, for a 2005 Hot Spring Envoy last year, and there were folks here who thought THAT was too high (and maybe they were right!). I think the world of Hot Spring as a brand, so the operating costs are probably accurate as they have been represented to you, but it's still an 11-year-old spa!

I would only add that I wet tested a used HS Sovereign while searching for my own used spa, and I rejected it as too shallow. If you decide to buy this unit, I strongly encourage you to wet test it first.

Best, Rae

A quick search of the 416 regional craigslists;

We have 6 fully refurbished Hot Springs spas. We have 3 Jetsetters, a Classic, a Prodigy, and a Sovereign.. starting at $2000, these prices include new covers, new filters, new pillows, delivery, set-up, one year electronic warranty, and a 6-month chemical start up kit.

Hot Springs (Sovereign) Spa - $2500 (No/East Redding)

2005 hot spring 6 person spa..110-220 $2670

5 year old hot spring sovereign $2660

older Sovereign model $1000

$2200 o.b.o Delivery is INCLUDED by dealer !

hot tub spa pre-owned, refurbished, 6-month warranty - $1050

HotSprings Spa, 5 seater. Hot tub is priced to sell. PRICE LOWERED! - $500

A quick search of the 416 regional craigslists;

We have 6 fully refurbished Hot Springs spas. We have 3 Jetsetters, a Classic, a Prodigy, and a Sovereign.. starting at $2000, these prices include new covers, new filters, new pillows, delivery, set-up, one year electronic warranty, and a 6-month chemical start up kit.

Hot Springs (Sovereign) Spa - $2500 (No/East Redding)

2005 hot spring 6 person spa..110-220 $2670

5 year old hot spring sovereign $2660

older Sovereign model $1000

$2200 o.b.o Delivery is INCLUDED by dealer !

hot tub spa pre-owned, refurbished, 6-month warranty - $1050

HotSprings Spa, 5 seater. Hot tub is priced to sell. PRICE LOWERED! - $500

DR. Spa your a funny guy. there are no typos lol thats what they are asking for and it's 11 years old, that was the funny part, it's a shame your not here in Florida i like your prices.

My only advice when buying a used hot tub is to use Nitro's guide to Super Decontamination as soon as it is installed, it will save you a world of problems in the future.

I bought a used 05 Hydropool Serenity in March last year, $3000.00, keep looking sounds expensive!

How long have they had it for sale?

If after a wet test you still like it. Make them a much lower offer. Letting them know that once moved it may develop leaks or other problems and figure up the other costs involved in moving (or having it moved) it. Be nice and just explain that $XXX is all it is worth to you. If they say no, wish them luck and move on. Be patient! Im sure you can get one just a few years old for that amount of money.

How long have they had it for sale?

If after a wet test you still like it. Make them a much lower offer. Letting them know that once moved it may develop leaks or other problems and figure up the other costs involved in moving (or having it moved) it. Be nice and just explain that $XXX is all it is worth to you. If they say no, wish them luck and move on. Be patient! Im sure you can get one just a few years old for that amount of money.

I agree except that if you really like teh spa and make them a reasonable offer and they refuse I would leave them my ph# because it won't take long for them to realize they're not getting anywhere near that $ for this. An 11 year old well made spa in good condition is better than a 6 year old cookie cutter spa with issues but eventually they'll have to face facts, $3500 is too much for that.

Trooper!

This is way too much! I have been searching Craigslist for months and you can find many many deals!

I am looking at a 9 month old Sundance Hamilton - the owner has receipts for well over 8K. He was asking $5500 and I offered him $4000 cash! Its mine if I want it!

$3500 for a 11 year quality tub or $4000 for a 9 month old quality tub! And the Hamiliton lists for a little over $500 more than the Sovereign!

Wait and be patient grasshopper! - you'll find a much better deal!