New Guy Looking At Used Tubs, Best/worst

HOT HEAD

Hi, new here I am looking for a used tub. I am trying to find that "old relyable" tub. I am looking for a 5/6 person. There are tons here on the local craigs list etc. I have a trailer to move one so that is not a problem. I have a backround as a mechanic , and also have plumbing/electrical skils but I never have worked on a tub. ( I have figured out by now that tubs always need work and a used one certainly will). My question is are there any tubs that you would suggest over others, that seem to be better older tubs?? I have heard the hot springs are good. I see a lot of the sovereign models for sale. I also see a lot of sundance tubs around here, but have read bad reviews about the older sundance tubs? I am looking for a simple tub and mainly "EASIER" to work on ( one built with standard parts ) I also want to stay away from a fully foamed tub. Any help would be great !

I bought a used Caldera spa. Other than hunting down the weird style GFCI disconnect (Two breakers rather than one), that wasn't included in the sale, it has been plug and play. No problems whatsoever. It cost about a quarter the price of a new one.

Dave

I'm biased but, I wouldn't buy anything but HotSpring used. IMO they have the most solid structure, very energy efficient and very reliable.

Whichever brand you choose be sure to see it up & running and heated. Wet test if you can.

Good Luck

Hi, new here I am looking for a used tub. I am trying to find that "old relyable" tub. I am looking for a 5/6 person. There are tons here on the local craigs list etc. I have a trailer to move one so that is not a problem. I have a backround as a mechanic , and also have plumbing/electrical skils but I never have worked on a tub. ( I have figured out by now that tubs always need work and a used one certainly will). My question is are there any tubs that you would suggest over others, that seem to be better older tubs?? I have heard the hot springs are good. I see a lot of the sovereign models for sale. I also see a lot of sundance tubs around here, but have read bad reviews about the older sundance tubs? I am looking for a simple tub and mainly "EASIER" to work on ( one built with standard parts ) I also want to stay away from a fully foamed tub. Any help would be great !

I'm not sure where you are located or not, but I really like our Windriver that we bought / inherited (long story). They are built locally in Colorado and I'm not sure how far out of CO they venture or not. If you're anywhere cold you might look at Arctics, they are well insulated as well.