Looking At Used Jetsetter Model J -- Any Inspection Tips?

russkat

I'm going to look at a 2002 HS Jetsetter tomorrow...

Original owners, meticulously maintained (so they say) by older couple.

Asking $1,100 (might go as low as $800.00)

I'll make sure all the jets work properly and valves...will check for leaks.

Anything else I should look out for with this model? The Jetsetter seems like a well built and reliable model from what I've read.

Is the price fair? Seems like a good deal if everything works.

Will only be used by one or two adults, but mainly just myself and is currently wired for 110/120v which is what I need since more than one electrician has

said that an entire new main panel would have to installed to gain 220v.

Thanks for any advice you can give me...

DC

OK...Inspected the tub and have some additional details

Circulation pump replaced by local dealer last week ($400.00 bill)

Jet Stream Jet needs replacing

Moto Massage not working

Owner says light(s) worked prior to circ pump replacement (maybe the tech did something?)

Cover is weathered, but still functional

Any opinions please?

Would you pass or make an offer? How much?

OK...Inspected the tub and have some additional details

Circulation pump replaced by local dealer last week ($400.00 bill)

Jet Stream Jet needs replacing

Moto Massage not working

Owner says light(s) worked prior to circ pump replacement (maybe the tech did something?)

Cover is weathered, but still functional

Any opinions please?

Would you pass or make an offer? How much?

1) the price seems pretty good but I'd counter anyway just because thats how you find out what the best price is

2) having a new circ pump is a big plus

3) replacing the moto jet takes about 15 minutes (half that if you've done it before) and isn't too expensive. Are you sure the Jeststream jet just wasn't turned off in the first place? If its not a spinning jet there is not much that can go wrong so I wonder if the jet is really bad but the dealer can always sell you a replacement.

4) I don't know why replacing a circ pump would cause a light issue, probably just coincidental. I'd take the chance that its an easy fix but thats because if it wasn't I'd live with it anyway cause I don't use my light much, thats just me.

5) I change my cover based on function, not looks, but thats up to you. I'd start with it the way it is since it seems functional and worry about it later.

None of these things are the types of things that I'd worry too much about quite frankly. I assume you saw it heated, you tried the pump, it was dry around the spa... Those are the key points and you already said and you didn't mention the siding so I assume that was passable.