Hoe To Flush Water Through The Jet Ports?

rdefino

I have a D1 Californian. I just did a SPA purge and drained the tub. But I would like to flush the pump lines with clean water, without filling the tub. Any indea on how to do that?

thanks

Disclaimer:I don't know ANYTHING about those spas,

but if i were doing that with my spa, I would take the filter element out (if it isn't already) and put the garden hose in the inlet where the filter connects and flush away.

It may or may not be that simple with yours.

Hopefully, someone that knows will be by shortly.

I have a D1 Californian. I just did a SPA purge and drained the tub. But I would like to flush the pump lines with clean water, without filling the tub. Any indea on how to do that?

thanks

I don't know how that model is made, but I have done three things to clean out my windriver - Firstly I use a submergable pump (I stole it from my aquarium and shocked the crap out of it to kill anything that might live on it). You can plug it up and fill a couple of inches (6-12ish) in the bottom and then use the pump to force it through. It might not work though because you may find that the wetends may not turn opposite directions and/or that it just shoots and dribbles out another jet (this was my experience). If you take the wet end coupler off the out end of the pump that would probably work but would drop the sludge and water in your pump area (probably a dumb idea).

You could also take a shop vac and see if you mash it up to the pump if you get it out that way (you probably won't be able to tell unless you have a pristine shopvac though...)

You could then finally fill half-way up and crank the jets and net what gunk you see out. This is how my hot tub service guy does it...