Jet Varieties

wesj53

This may be an interesting topic for most. The question is, why on most models do mfgs only offer 2 or 3 different styles of jets, when jet mfgs like Waterway offer up to 10 with different water effects. One of the things my wife and I evaluated was the different feel you get sitting in each seat of a spa. Unfortunately, most seats in many models we wet tested felt no different except for the configurations of jets.

It seems to me that the spa which offers a variety of "feels" is the one that would offer the best therapy for various parts of the body and the one that users would get the least bored with. What are some of the models that offer the most variety in your opinion and what would you change in your model in order to improve them in this regard?

This may be an interesting topic for most. The question is, why on most models do mfgs only offer 2 or 3 different styles of jets, when jet mfgs like Waterway offer up to 10 with different water effects. One of the things my wife and I evaluated was the different feel you get sitting in each seat of a spa. Unfortunately, most seats in many models we wet tested felt no different except for the configurations of jets.

It seems to me that the spa which offers a variety of "feels" is the one that would offer the best therapy for various parts of the body and the one that users would get the least bored with. What are some of the models that offer the most variety in your opinion and what would you change in your model in order to improve them in this regard?

One of the many customer oriented things that we do is to offer exchanges for the jets within a 30 day period. If a customer wants more of the 9 port jets or twin roto, or single roto or any jet we will allow changes. When I set up the seat in my spa I like the single roto storm on the center jet, twin roto on the two out side shoulders, and mid back twin roto with a couple of single rotos at the bottom. I like the hip jets to be set straight for bettter deep tissue massage. This of course is on the Super Custom Fallsburg spa with 16 total jets in the hot seat. I can do all of this without buying any other jets though, just move them around. There is also a great hand held jet now available for the roto storm jets.

I really don't like small jets on my back, I am spoiled with 47 models to choose from.

Wes, didn't your hot tub come with 8 different jets? You can move them around easily enough.

Tom

Wes, didn't your hot tub come with 8 different jets? You can move them around easily enough.

Tom

Yes Tom, I've posted before that Arctic does give the owner the ability to move jets around and that my dealer is also exchanging some of the 3" rotational with some directional; some waveface.

I was simply bringing up the subject about the industry in general and that, IMO, many mfgs do not seem to offer a very wide variety of jet feels in their spas. I was just wondering why not.

The Tundra does have 8 different types, including 4 types of 3" and 4 types of 5". I have moved quite a few of them around. For example, I found that the 3" rotational ones were too weak for the thigh, hip, and shoulders so I am exchanging them with my dealer for the directionals which offer much more therapy for those areas. Conversely, the rotational for the 4 wrists IMO is too strong so I am replacing those with the waveface which has a more muted feel. I know this is personal taste and therefore am grateful that my dealer was happy to make the exchange with me.

One of the many customer oriented things that we do is to offer exchanges for the jets within a 30 day period. If a customer wants more of the 9 port jets or twin roto, or single roto or any jet we will allow changes. When I set up the seat in my spa I like the single roto storm on the center jet, twin roto on the two out side shoulders, and mid back twin roto with a couple of single rotos at the bottom. I like the hip jets to be set straight for bettter deep tissue massage. This of course is on the Super Custom Fallsburg spa with 16 total jets in the hot seat. I can do all of this without buying any other jets though, just move them around. There is also a great hand held jet now available for the roto storm jets.

I really don't like small jets on my back, I am spoiled with 47 models to choose from.

Jim, I'm in total agreement with you on the positioning of your jets, especially the hip jets needing a directional type for deep massage. I found that my Tundra's rotational ones in the 4 hip slots was much too weak, almost to the point you could not feel the force of the water. The directionals improve the force dramatically. In terms of small jets on the back, I too find myself turning down the force of them as well since the power of the 3 pumps in the Tundra at times overwhelms you. I agree that the large jets do feel better on the back, but I also think that at least one main therapy seat should have them just to serve a different purpose.