My Hot-tub Has Been Running All Day

MomInOh

I am new to the hot tub world and have lots of questions.

Hope someone can help me. I have a 7 person CalSpa.

It has been running all day and will not shut off.

I am in Ohio and today its about 45-40 degrees, really not that cold.

My hot tub is set for 2 hour filtration every 12 hours and temp is set on 80 (since we are not using it this week).

Should it not have some break in running??? This darn thing has been on all day today!

What is the water temperature? I know it's set on 80, but is the water at 80 degrees?

Freeze protection comes on whenever the temperature is below 45 degrees, so that could explain it. Although, if the water is at 80 F, then the freeze protection should not need to run that much, if at all, just enough to get warm water into the pipes.

I agree, check the water temperature. If it's not at 80F then it could be running continually "trying" to heat, but not heating. If your heating element has failed, the spa will likely keep trying to heat not realizing the element just isn't working.

You should take an advice from hot tub experts before buying it.

I've seen a couple of your posts today (of your 5 total at this point) and they are off-topic. Your suggestion here has nothing to do with the troubleshoot request MomInOH posted.