Taylor K2006 Test Kit For Cheap

hrustar

all's well that ends well they say. was unable to send an email as that option wasn't available thru their website so i sent a fax instead.

Mary called the following day to let me know they didn't know what had happened to my order, but they were going to credit the cost back to my charge card with her apologies.(i told her if it did end up arriving i'd let her know so they could "re-charge" me.)

i then started seeking Canadian suppliers......over $100 easy for a K2006, over $200 for the K2006-C. Holy cow!! along with the explanation that because Taylor has a Canadian distributor and Taylor kits don't have adequate WHIMS documentation, supply stores from the States can't ship to Canada....

seems that was a load of crap. my kit showed up last Friday. :D Happy day for me!

all that's left is to call Mary back and let her know....and apologise for the fuss...cuz i'm Canadian....i hear we do that a lot. lol.

Regards to all, ;)

According to the Taylor Technologies website only Lowry & Associates can market or ship Taylor products in Canada (see http://www.taylortechnologies.com/learnmore_faq.aspx#1) but perhaps Amato Industries is unaware of their trade agreement. Exclusive territorial rights are great for the companies involved but not so great for consumers in terms of pricing non-commodities. Anyway, glad it worked out for you. I noticed their price for the K2006A jumped up $5 or so in the last week... that's still $8.00 below the next lowest cost I could find.

all's well that ends well they say. was unable to send an email as that option wasn't available thru their website so i sent a fax instead.

Mary called the following day to let me know they didn't know what had happened to my order, but they were going to credit the cost back to my charge card with her apologies.(i told her if it did end up arriving i'd let her know so they could "re-charge" me.)

i then started seeking Canadian suppliers......over $100 easy for a K2006, over $200 for the K2006-C. Holy cow!! along with the explanation that because Taylor has a Canadian distributor and Taylor kits don't have adequate WHIMS documentation, supply stores from the States can't ship to Canada....

seems that was a load of crap. my kit showed up last Friday. :D Happy day for me!

all that's left is to call Mary back and let her know....and apologise for the fuss...cuz i'm Canadian....i hear we do that a lot. lol.

Regards to all, ;)

According to the Taylor Technologies website only Lowry & Associates can market or ship Taylor products in Canada (see http://www.taylortechnologies.com/learnmore_faq.aspx#1) but perhaps Amato Industries is unaware of their trade agreement. Exclusive territorial rights are great for the companies involved but not so great for consumers in terms of pricing non-commodities. Anyway, glad it worked out for you. I noticed their price for the K2006A jumped up $5 or so in the last week... that's still $8.00 below the next lowest cost I could find.

I called Amato today looking for the K-2106 (bromine) kit. I spoke with Mary Boggs. They didn't have any in stock but she ordered some and said it would be in by next tuesday. $51.58 plus $8.99 for shipping. Still the best price on the web.

One of the first questions she asked me was if I was in Canada (thankfully I'm not). She said based on the high shipping costs to Canada, they were going to not ship to Canada anymore.

One of the first questions she asked me was if I was in Canada (thankfully I'm not). She said based on the high shipping costs to Canada, they were going to not ship to Canada anymore.

I don't think it was the high shipping costs, but rather that all the posts here finally got seen by someone who told Lowry or Taylor about what was going on and according to the exclusive agreement between Lowry and Taylor for Canada, Amato was probably told that they would no longer be allowed to resell Taylor if they shipped to Canada. At least that's my best guess of what probably happened.

I don't think it was the high shipping costs, but rather that all the posts here finally got seen by someone who told Lowry or Taylor about what was going on and according to the exclusive agreement between Lowry and Taylor for Canada, Amato was probably told that they would no longer be allowed to resell Taylor if they shipped to Canada. At least that's my best guess of what probably happened.

That is extremely plausable.

We ONCE sold a bike to Canada because the owner really, really, wanted to sell that particular model because it was a turd. I advised him of the S%$T storm that would follow...he laughed at me.

After 3 form letters to all 650 dealers about how serious it is to sell a new bike in another country and many calls threatening to pull our dealership....the mothership backed off and told us never to do it again....in a much less polite and forceful manner.

Selling products is very across borders is very serious for many companies....I assume Taylor is one of them.

• 8 months later...

You can usually get the Taylor K-2006 in Canada from Apollo Pools, but their website shows that the kit is out-of-stock. I just wrote to them to verify if it is truly out-of-stock and if so, then where people can buy it. [EDIT] They wrote back and said that out-of-stock just means they don't have it on their shelves to send out the same day, but they can still get it sent to you from Lowry & Associates though that usually takes 2-3 business days. [END-EDIT]

You could also try contacting Lowry & Associates directly (contact info here) as they are the sole distributor/importer for Taylor products in Canada.

Others will have to comment on ways to get the kit from the U.S. Given the exclusive distributorship and high fees from chemical import regulation you'd probably have to cross the border and buy it yourself. Even having someone ship it to you may break some sort of law. Read this post for some more background about this.