Temperature Calibration

JimS

Having trouble with my temperature read out on my 1999 Marquis Destiny. An external thermometer is reading 3 degrees lower than the telperature on the keypad on the tub. Is there a way to calibrate the tub temp reading?

thanks,

Jim

:rolleyes:

3 degrees is probably not that unexpected or unusual for a hot tub readout. Are you sure the external thermometer is correct, i.e. is it calibrated?

External Thermometer is probably not calibrated, just one off the shelf from Walmart. Water just seem to be 98 degrees as indicated on the tub.

thanks,

Why not use a thermometer that you use for taking body temperature when your sick. It's in the same range as a hot tub and I would think it should be extremely accurate. As for actually calibrating that to your hot tub themostat...no clue about that, but with this you could see how close it really is anyway.