Hot Tub

tubhot

Which hot tub to buy?

I found two used hot tubs I like: Sundance Hartfort Series 680 (one year old for $3000) and Jacuzzi J-375 (5 years old--used only the first year, the rest was in storage for $2500)? Is 5 y.o spa too old? Which model do you like better? Which is the quietest, more reliable, etc?

Thanks!!

Amber

i see you opinion, but my question is how do you know that the Sundance would be more reliable than Jacuzzi, i think they need to be seen , i have seen some used spas that were 7-10 years old that were kept up better (maintenance) and looked better than spas that were 3-5 years pld,,,just curious on your answer, if there was more to it or just the age, Since Jacuzzi and Sundance are the same company. different build........as for quiet they should be about the same they both have the low amp 24 hour circulation pump and they are fully foamed, i am not sure but i think the J300 series was comparable with the Sundance 880 series.......hop this helps....

Which hot tub to buy?

I found two used hot tubs I like: Sundance Hartfort Series 680 (one year old for $3000) and Jacuzzi J-375 (5 years old--used only the first year, the rest was in storage for $2500)? Is 5 y.o spa too old? Which model do you like better? Which is the quietest, more reliable, etc?

Thanks!!

On paper I'd want a 1 yr old Hartford over a 5 yr old J375 but used spas can be a crapshoot; you need to check them out. As with ALL used spas you need to see the spa in operation, with water and up to temp. If they have any story that it is unhooked but everything was working fine before they disconnected it you should cross that off the list no matter how nice it "looks".

Spa tech is right and the crapshoot on a used spa becomes more of a certain hangmans noose if you are talking about a spa in storage in a freezing climate. Dont forget you can never drain all the water out for storage. So it might have damaged something deep under that foam and it will be on the side that is hardest to get to I promise. I can assure you lots of yuck will come out of the lines when you first fire the thing up. Also lots of seals and parts will have dried out in 4 years so IMHO storage is worse than in use and cared for.

• 2 weeks later...