Footwell Intake Covers

MGR38

I have a 2004 Sundance Altimar that came up with the FLO error. We have only had the tub a few months so I have no idea the last time the footwell intake filters were changed or cleaned. I want to take the covers off to clean them but I have no clue how to take them off. Twist, pull, no matter what I do no luck. I dont want to break anything & I feel this is what is causing the FLO error. How do I get the covers off???? Please help!!!

Well after looking at the covers more it looks like a screw is in the middle of them holding them on. I tried small & big screw drivers(both styles) & nothing would grip on. I cant make out the head style under water. Anyone know what style screw or bolt they would use. I hate to drain the tub over this but its driving me crazy. :(

Well after looking at the covers more it looks like a screw is in the middle of them holding them on. I tried small & big screw drivers(both styles) & nothing would grip on. I cant make out the head style under water. Anyone know what style screw or bolt they would use. I hate to drain the tub over this but its driving me crazy. :(

First leave those covers alone that has nothing to do with your spa in flo. jet pump number 2 goes through those suction fittings if your spa is in flo check your filter first pull the filter out and see if flo goes away if it dont check your 24 hour circ pump it is located directly under your heater see if it is pumping water through your heat return in the foot well if it is remove the cabinet on the right see if the flo switch is closing if it is closed and still reading flo you probably have a bad flo switch part number 6560-860 if none of this works could be a bad circuit board lets hope thats not it hope this helps.]

James

I will check it when I get home tonight. The filters are new. I did take the filter out but didnt stop flashing FLO. I read in the manual the the footwell filters should be cleaned every two months. For all I know they may never have been cleaned. If they are plugged wont that affect the flo a lot??? From what I can tell nothing is coming out of the heat well return. Heater wont run do to the FLO error so its hard to tell. I will look at the switch tonight. When I turn both pumps on high only one foot well intake is really sucking in water. One other one sucks very little & one feels like its not sucking in anything. Thats what made me want to take the foot well covers off to clean those filters. :(:(

If you haven't already done so take a look at the owners manual page 35...

http://www.sundancespas.com/Communications...4850ManRevC.pdf

This mentions "fliters" for the footwell suction covers (like a fine mesh). Did the previous owner use these? If not then just maybe the intakes are blocked. Have you spoken to your local dealer about this?

Well I was able to fix the problem. There is a "T" fitting after the flow switch. I flushed the tub a few weeks ago & all was good. I think since then some small pieces of scale broke free off the heater & got stuck in this "T" & greatly slowed the water flow. I unclamped the two large hoses going into the "T" & flushed it out. Put the clamps back on & poof.......like new again. I still wish I could find out what type of screw is in the center of the footwell covers. I dont think those filters have ever been cleaned.