Getting Worse By The Minute...need Help Bad.

drewskie

Ok, here's the deal. I hooked up my 2001 Sundance Altamar yesterday,and almost everything woked except that only one set of jets came on, but both pumps worked. I assumed it was airlock, as i did not fill through the filter like I should have. I opened up the drain plugs on both pumps for 30 seconds or so. Whe I repowered the tub, the jet light was flashing. When i pushed the button to start the jets, the spa tripped. This happened two times. I waited 30 minutes or so and repowerd the tub, it tripped instantly, once again twice. So my questions are, could this have something to do with draining the pumps? Also, is there anything I can try to at least get power to the spa without tripping? I don't know what to do.

you might have gotten water in the motor when you where draining it , but highly unlikly. Brand new hook-up? ...might be miss wired..or a bad jet pump. When does it trip? right after you push a jet button? right when the heater kicks on? I could tell you how to diagnose this, but if its a new tub...CALL THE DEALER!!! You paid a premium price for a premium tub..it should come w/ premiun service!!!

Is this a new circuit? Most (all?) 220v Sundance tubs require a 3 wire hook-up (2 hot and a ground) - probably a long shot but you haven't tried to connect it with a 4 wire hook up have you (2 hot, neutral and ground)? I only ask becasue it's been known to happen before!

If it helps you can download your owners manual at: http://www.sundancespas.com/CustomerCare/Manuals.html