Help With Gulf Coast Spa Error P1er

Rossputin

Hello all,

I recently bought a Gulf Coast LX11000 spa from a place that got a few new spas after the company went out of business. So I got a good deal but have no warranty.

My controller screen now shows the wrench icon on the left and in the main display, alternating with the temperature, it shows p1Er with the "Er" part flashing, which I can only guess means a problem with pump 1.

However, pump 1 appears to be functioning normally, as does everything else, and I didn't die when I used the tub.

I turned off the circuit breaker to the tub and turned it back on. The error didn't reappear immediately but when I came back a few hours later it had reappeared.

Any advice on how to try to diagnose/fix this error would be GREATLY appreciated!

you could try calling their parts and supplies line 1-866-829-3660. i've had success with them since my tub is also out of warranty. they do still provide basic support. i also have the LX11000 model and have come across this error. they told me to add water to the tub. if the water is too low sometimes i get air in the lines. this has worked for me. good luck with the spa. i have had a ton of problems with mine. had to replace two pumps, the spa pack and the topside controls all within the first year. the tub is not very well insulated so i added some of the panels to the interior.

Thanks a lot, JJ,

Can you tell me a little more about what you did to improve the insulation?

Ross

you could try calling their parts and supplies line 1-866-829-3660. i've had success with them since my tub is also out of warranty. they do still provide basic support. i also have the LX11000 model and have come across this error. they told me to add water to the tub. if the water is too low sometimes i get air in the lines. this has worked for me. good luck with the spa. i have had a ton of problems with mine. had to replace two pumps, the spa pack and the topside controls all within the first year. the tub is not very well insulated so i added some of the panels to the interior.

there was an article posted by user kengorman that explained how to install the panel insulation to your tub. i can't seem to find it but you can try to search it. basically all i did was pull off the silver thin insulation from the inside panels of the tub. i bought the insulation boards from home depot and cut them to size and placed them on the inside walls of the tub. i placed the silver lining over them, reattached the sides and that was it. i think it helped. some people worry about overheating in the summer months. you can always just pull it out in the summer and put it back in the winter.