Spanaturally

Pstores

• 1 month later...

Well been anout 1 1/2 months now. This product is working just as advertised. No more messin with water chems. Just keeps humming along with perfect balance. Even after a party and we had 6 people in it for many hours. Water feels silky soft and no chem smell. I'll update again later on.

Well been anout 1 1/2 months now. This product is working just as advertised. No more messin with water chems. Just keeps humming along with perfect balance. Even after a party and we had 6 people in it for many hours. Water feels silky soft and no chem smell. I'll update again later on.

Are you just using the SpaNaturally Refills (moss filters) or are you also adding any sort of oxidizer such as non-chlorine shock (MPS) and if so, how much? Are you using no chlorine at all or just a smaller amount?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you just using the SpaNaturally Refills (moss filters) or are you also adding any sort of oxidizer such as non-chlorine shock (MPS) and if so, how much? Are you using no chlorine at all or just a smaller amount?

I am just keeping my Bromine around 1 and that is it. No other chems. It stays balanced perfectly. I was fighting the PH and Alk before. Now it stays about 7.5 and Alk is 105 to 120 depending if I am using it more that once a day. Water feels great and much easier to deal with. I really love this product.

So can you tell me how much you soak (i.e. how many person-hours) -- is it still 2 person-hours every day? -- and how much bromine you add? Do you have an ozonator? I'm trying to figure out if there is any supplemental oxidation going on. I'm not sure why anyone would think this system is so much better since the simplest of systems just has you add an oxidizer/sanitizer regularly and that's it (once one tunes the TA so that the pH is stable). Perhaps with bromine, this is a better system since it doesn't require the non-chlorine shock often needed with bromine (with chlorine, it isn't usually needed).

I am just keeping my Bromine around 1 and that is it. No other chems. It stays balanced perfectly. I was fighting the PH and Alk before. Now it stays about 7.5 and Alk is 105 to 120 depending if I am using it more that once a day. Water feels great and much easier to deal with. I really love this product.

I am glad it appears to be working for you, but for me, I am doing the same with my Bromine level and have no water issues...without the added cost or use of SpaNaturally. If you were totally relying on the SpaNaturally product as a sanitizer...that would be something of interest.

So can you tell me how much you soak (i.e. how many person-hours) -- is it still 2 person-hours every day? -- and how much bromine you add? Do you have an ozonator? I'm trying to figure out if there is any supplemental oxidation going on. I'm not sure why anyone would think this system is so much better since the simplest of systems just has you add an oxidizer/sanitizer regularly and that's it (once one tunes the TA so that the pH is stable). Perhaps with bromine, this is a better system since it doesn't require the non-chlorine shock often needed with bromine (with chlorine, it isn't usually needed).

I use it most every morning and the wife and I most every night. Thanksgiving it got overly used. I am using SpaFrog Bromine set on 3. The water is the softest I have ever felt in a tub without softing chems added. And like I said I never ave to worry about balance. No Oxidizers but I do have ozone that only comes on when tub is in soak cycle or clean cycle. It's a Marquis so it doesn't run all the time.

I use it most every morning and the wife and I most every night. Thanksgiving it got overly used. I am using SpaFrog Bromine set on 3. The water is the softest I have ever felt in a tub without softing chems added. And like I said I never ave to worry about balance. No Oxidizers but I do have ozone that only comes on when tub is in soak cycle or clean cycle. It's a Marquis so it doesn't run all the time.

I thought that you were supposed to disconnect your ozonator when using Spa Naturally? Isn't it harmful to the moss? Or do you only disconnect it during the purge process?

• 4 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=97449:date=Dec 30 2009, 05:38 PM:name=chem geek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chem geek @ Dec 30 2009, 05:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=97449"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So can you tell me how much you soak (i.e. how many person-hours) -- is it still 2 person-hours every day? -- and how much bromine you add? Do you have an ozonator? I'm trying to figure out if there is any supplemental oxidation going on. I'm not sure why anyone would think this system is so much better since the simplest of systems just has you add an oxidizer/sanitizer regularly and that's it (once one tunes the TA so that the pH is stable). Perhaps with bromine, this is a better system since it doesn't require the non-chlorine shock often needed with bromine (with chlorine, it isn't usually needed).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi Pstores and others in the know about spanaturally (spa moss). Just this week I started reading about SpaNaturally, spa moss. I have a 2003 Hot Springs Sovereign tub, with the ozone system. I recently drained it and have been trying to figure out what to do since my skin has become very sensitive to chemicals (not from the spa but from PPD) and I decided I just didn't want to sit in chemical soup any longer. However, after reading about spanaturally, I wonder if that's something I can work with, but there is so much I don't know...

Spanaturally has a kit, with the spa flush, a filter for the hose to get cleaner water in, and the spa moss packets. With my Hot Springs ozone system, i should be using the Fresh Water system with the silver ion purifier (the spa shop never shared that with me), the Fresh Water concentrated Chlorinating granuals, and Fresh Water chlorine free oxidizer (shock and the silver ion purifier needs it...). Then there's spa up, spa down, and other "stuff" that I just don't seem to understand since there are so many choices. So, I'd like to use the spa moss, a sanitizer, probably the silver ion purifier and the ozone system is always on (with this sovereign model). Any help? I sure could use guidance from someone who is NOT a sales person thinking about their bottom line. I'd like to be able to use my spa, but need to reduce the chemical load on my body. Please help!

Not sure what PPD is. But I can tell you this product is awesome. I have been using it since November and it's really great. No more extra chemicals to keep water balanced. I have been using the same water and have not had to change it yet. Just put my bromine spa frog in and the moss and go. Water feels silky soft and no chemical itch. I think if you try it you'll find out what I did. It's truely the best thing for a spa you can buy. Have to run have a great night.