Cal Spa Wont Get Hot?

pipes51

All of a sudden my spa will not heat abouve 90. The only thing i can remember i did was take a screw out of a drain looking thing in the bottom because the little cover was broke and i didnt want someone stepping on the screw. That shouldnt affect anything ahould it ?

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Its a 2000 cal spa i believe.

All of a sudden my spa will not heat abouve 90. The only thing i can remember i did was take a screw out of a drain looking thing in the bottom because the little cover was broke and i didnt want someone stepping on the screw. That shouldnt affect anything ahould it ?

Thanks

Is your heat indicator light on - on the top side control panel?

Thanks

Is your heat indicator light on - on the top side control panel?

No , just a green light by saftey suction.

If the heat light isn't going on then the spa is not calling for heat. That could be a flow error usually cause by dirty filters or the flow switch needing to be adjusted or replaced.

Of if you have a circulation pump it might not be working, but I don't think Cal Spa uses circ pumps.

Pull your filter(s) and run your spa for a little while to see if that resolves the problem; where you'll see the heat light on.

If you still have no heat light and no heat then you need to identify where the flow switch is and check to see if it has continuity when the pump is running on low speed. Let me know if you need help with this.

If the heat light isn't going on then the spa is not calling for heat. That could be a flow error usually cause by dirty filters or the flow switch needing to be adjusted or replaced.

Of if you have a circulation pump it might not be working, but I don't think Cal Spa uses circ pumps.

Pull your filter(s) and run your spa for a little while to see if that resolves the problem; where you'll see the heat light on.

If you still have no heat light and no heat then you need to identify where the flow switch is and check to see if it has continuity when the pump is running on low speed. Let me know if you need help with this.

check the filters

I pulled the filter, it looked like it was full of a bunch of slimey looking crap. the light did not come on. Do i need to run the jets or just let it run in the filtering mode. it constantly runs all day anyway.

thanks

I'm not a patient person so with the filter still out I'd run the jets on high to make sure there's no 'crap' in the lines then shut off the breaker and turn it back on.

I pulled the filter, it looked like it was full of a bunch of slimey looking crap. the light did not come on. Do i need to run the jets or just let it run in the filtering mode. it constantly runs all day anyway.

thanks

I'm not a patient person so with the filter still out I'd run the jets on high to make sure there's no 'crap' in the lines then shut off the breaker and turn it back on.

after you pulled the filter did you shut off power and reset, also are the intakes plugged with the slimy crap also., if not and still not heating, and your heat light is off, could be low water,presuure switch may need to be adjusted, if your light is on . it could be a part failure like the board or the element.....just some advice ,,hope this works