Jetsetter Losing Heat

Sedro

Just got my brand new HS Jetsetter a few days ago. We love it! One issue though... maybe someone here knows the answer:

We've got it converted to run on 230 volts, so the heater should be staying on when the jets come on. But, it still seems to be losing heat when the jets are on. It is on the order of 3-4 degrees in about a half hour (with about 55 degrees ambient air temp), and as much as 7 degrees in an hour.

Also, when you put your hand by the drain (which is where the heated water enters the spa) with the jets off (and the heater on), the water is very hot. As soon as you turn the jets on, the water quickly goes to the tub water temperature. When you turn the jets off, it quickly heats right back up.

I called the dealer and the electrician who installed the tub said he was sure the jumpers were changed correctly to convert it to 230 volt operation. And he said it was normal to lose some temp when the jets were running. Still, why does the water coming out of the drain (which is where the heated water enters) cool and then warm up again when the jets are turned on and off?

Just wondering if anyone knows what is "normal" for this tub and if I need to call the dealer back again. Thanks for any help.

Just got my brand new HS Jetsetter a few days ago. We love it! One issue though... maybe someone here knows the answer:

We've got it converted to run on 230 volts, so the heater should be staying on when the jets come on. But, it still seems to be losing heat when the jets are on. It is on the order of 3-4 degrees in about a half hour (with about 55 degrees ambient air temp), and as much as 7 degrees in an hour.

Also, when you put your hand by the drain (which is where the heated water enters the spa) with the jets off (and the heater on), the water is very hot. As soon as you turn the jets on, the water quickly goes to the tub water temperature. When you turn the jets off, it quickly heats right back up.

I called the dealer and the electrician who installed the tub said he was sure the jumpers were changed correctly to convert it to 230 volt operation. And he said it was normal to lose some temp when the jets were running. Still, why does the water coming out of the drain (which is where the heated water enters) cool and then warm up again when the jets are turned on and off?

Just wondering if anyone knows what is "normal" for this tub and if I need to call the dealer back again. Thanks for any help.

I would double check the jumper settings. Just make sure your service is adequate to handle the jumper settings.

Your electrian definitly wired it wrong

I should have been a bit more descriptive.

It is possible to have your tub correctly jumpered to run on 220V but not to have the heater run while the pumps do.

For my spa there were a few different settings

30amp service allows the heater to run only when the pump is off

40amp service allows the heater to run when the pump is either off or on low.

50amp service allows the heater to run when the pump is off, on low, or on high.

It is very possible that your electrician has it wired correctly and jumpered correctly....just that he ran the service at the lower amperage.

If that is the case, you are bumming....you will have to run new wiring. Many electricians do will do this to reduce the sticker shock when you get the bill.

With all that said....I had mine wired at 60amps to allow for future expansion.

With a little luck, your electrician wired it up at the higher amperage and just didnt change the jumper for the proper settings.