Hot Springs Phase 1 And 2

Tubber McGee

Hello,

I have been researching tubs and have narrowed it down to HS Prodigy - Sovereign - Vanguard

I know I need to wet test and that is my next move - but I have a question: I was quoted on a 2009 Sovereign! They have a floor model Phase 1 for $7500 or a floor model Phase 2 for $8000.

Does anyone know all the differences between phase 1 and phase 2 on the hotsprings! I know the control panel is different but what else?

I am thinking that I would want the lastest and greatest updates!

Thanks

Hello,

I have been researching tubs and have narrowed it down to HS Prodigy - Sovereign - Vanguard

I know I need to wet test and that is my next move - but I have a question: I was quoted on a 2009 Sovereign! They have a floor model Phase 1 for $7500 or a floor model Phase 2 for $8000.

Does anyone know all the differences between phase 1 and phase 2 on the hotsprings! I know the control panel is different but what else?

Thanks

Dealers or others, correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the following are the major differences....

The Sovereign I is available only with a white Endurol shell with a redwood cabinet, has a 1.65 HP pump motor, and can be configured for 115 or 230 volt operation. The shell has "simulated tile" trim that looks kinda dated in my opinion.

The Sovereign II has a 2.5 HP pump motor and operates only on 230 volts. It has the Soothing Stream water feature (miniature waterfall) and has the Moto-Massage DX (dual) jet instead of the Moto-Massage (single) jet.

Unless 230 volt operation is not an option for you, then I'd spend the little bit extra on the Sovereign II for the following advantages:

1. More powerful jet pump

2. Water feature

3. Choice of shell and cabinet colors

4. Dual-jet Moto-Massage

5. An additional jet (not sure where it's located right off hand)

6. Not sure about this one, but the Hot Spring website doesn't state that the Sovereign I has ozone.

The Sovereign I can be found on the Hot Spring web site under "CLASSIC SERIES".

The choice to spend the little extra for the Sovereign II was a no-brainer for me. I'm very happy with mine.

Hello,

Thanks

Dealers or others, correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the following are the major differences....

The Sovereign I is available only with a white Endurol shell with a redwood cabinet, has a 1.65 HP pump motor, and can be configured for 115 or 230 volt operation. The shell has "simulated tile" trim that looks kinda dated in my opinion.

The Sovereign II has a 2.5 HP pump motor and operates only on 230 volts. It has the Soothing Stream water feature (miniature waterfall) and has the Moto-Massage DX (dual) jet instead of the Moto-Massage (single) jet.

Unless 230 volt operation is not an option for you, then I'd spend the little bit extra on the Sovereign II for the following advantages:

2. Water feature

4. Dual-jet Moto-Massage

6. Not sure about this one, but the Hot Spring website doesn't state that the Sovereign I has ozone.

The choice to spend the little extra for the Sovereign II was a no-brainer for me. I'm very happy with mine.

Hello,

Thanks

2. Water feature

4. Dual-jet Moto-Massage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THanks Roger - I now know that the sovereign comes in 2 modules and the differneces!

my original post actually was a different question - in regards to all 2009 tubs - phase 1 came out in the early months and phase 2 is fairly new - phase 2 has a new control and a few other differneces???????

phase 2 offers some pretty significant differences, that vary between the models you mentioned. imo they all look much better with the clean front and top mounted control. it is also a much more sophisticated control. when different options (such as stereo or tv) are added they instantly are added to the menus. air controls and diverters also got a new look. the new phase also added some cool led lighting. because the prodigy has no pillows or moto massage this isn't as big of a deal for it. the vanguard and aria take the most radical shift, having an all plastic (abs i think) frame. am i forgetting anything guys?

2. Water feature

4. Dual-jet Moto-Massage

Roger has listed the differences between the Sovereign II and the "Classic Sovereign" or Sovereign I. This is entirely different than the "Phase 1" and "Phase 2" Sovereigns.

There was a mid year revision in all the Hot Spring Spas during the year of 2009. This revision changed the following items:

1) Front controls removed and new control panel placed on bar top.

New Controls are entirely digital, allow for change of display language, shows current & set temperatures, and allows for more features to install on the spa.

2) LED Bar Top lights added to water feature, diverter controls, and cup-holder/speaker positions.

3) Additional aesthetic molding added to seats around jets.

4) New Hot Spring logo added to face of spa, which illuminates when spa is on and heated.

5) Other changes..

To make it overly simple:

Phase 1 Sovereign is identical to the 2008 Sovereign, but was manufactured in 2009.

Phase 2 Sovereign is the new updated 2009 product.

"Classic" Sovereign is a budget option to purchase a "Sovereign" in the 90's style white interior, single moto-massage, no ozone, tile trim interior.

Hello,

Thanks

Tubber, While I can't address the Phase 1 vs Phase 2 question, (even though for $500, I think I would go with the Phase 2, too), I can give you a little feedback on those 3 tubs.

When I was wet testing, I wet tested all 3 of the tubs you mentioned, and even though they are all HS tubs, their is no comparisons between the 3. The Prodigy (which was my first choice looking at brochures and dry testing), was my least favorite...the Sovereign was much nicer and a decent tub overall, but I did not fit the lounger and I found some other similarly priced tubs I liked much better. But the Vanguard was in a whole different league compared to the other 2. Yes, quite a bit more money, but worth every penny.

My whole point, is you MUST wet test. You won't know what you are buying until it's too late otherwise.

Thanks,

Randy