Location Question With Power Lines...

hrustar

The guides say do not install within 10 feet of overhead power lines. Right now, the closest point on my tub is about 14 feet away from any overhead lines. However, I wonder, does the 10 feet rule infer if the power line was laying on the ground? In that case, I may only be 8 or 9 feet away. Can someone clarify?

The guides say do not install within 10 feet of overhead power lines. Right now, the closest point on my tub is about 14 feet away from any overhead lines. However, I wonder, does the 10 feet rule infer if the power line was laying on the ground? In that case, I may only be 8 or 9 feet away. Can someone clarify?

The code is designed to have the power lines far enough away that they can't be reached. Your fine. You won't be tubbin if the line comes down, trust me.

The code is designed to have the power lines far enough away that they can't be reached. Your fine. You won't be tubbin if the line comes down, trust me.

THANKS!

You might want to check with your code department. When we installed our pool, there was a specification for how far you had to be from both household power lines (220) and the high voltage ones at the top of the pole. The high voltage lines had both a flat distance (parallel to the line) and a diagonal measurement, assuming the line snapped and fell into the pool. Still, I see homes everywhere with power lines directly over the pool or the hot tub, people that obviously didn't get a permit or use common sense.