Sundance 680 & Stainless Steel Jets

Mackenzie3

Okay so Im not sure it matters but I have a question about the "stainless steel jets" listed as an optional feature on the Sundance 680 models.

The question is really simple, are the jet faces really "stainless steel"? Or is it just a different color of the plastic?

I ask because on Thursday I called our local Sundance dealer and talked to one salesman who quoted me a spa and said he would give me "Stainless Steel escuntions" for free. At the time I wasn't even sure what that was. Then went I went in on Friday I saw that most of the floor models has silver plastic vs gray plastic on the jet covers. And was told by the person working that day that was what it was talking about. It seemed odd to call something "Stainless Steel" when it was really just a color. But I suppose that sort of thing happens all the time in the spa world.

I have a 2009 Sundance 680 with the 'stainless steel' jets (Sundance call this the 'Designer stainless steel jet trim' option).

This is basically a disc of polished stainless crimped over the standard plastic jet, which is very effective and certainly looks like the whole thing is made from stainless unless you inspect them closely. So in answer to your question NO - these are not simply a different colored plastic, but are in fact stainless steel. I'm very surprised the dealer did not have any floor models with this option.

You can see details at the bottom of this page:

http://www.sundancespas.com/680Series/Custom-Hot-Tubs.html

I have a 2009 Sundance 680 with the 'stainless steel' jets (Sundance call this the 'Designer stainless steel jet trim' option).

This is basically a disc of polished stainless crimped over the standard plastic jet, which is very effective and certainly looks like the whole thing is made from stainless unless you inspect them closely. So in answer to your question NO - these are not simply a different colored plastic, but are in fact stainless steel. I'm very surprised the dealer did not have any floor models with this option.

You can see details at the bottom of this page:

http://www.sundancespas.com/680Series/Custom-Hot-Tubs.html

So I saw lots of spas with sliver looking jet covers. In fact I think every one on the floor was that way. And there was a Maxxus that had water in it and it looked like its silver covers were a different shade. But it was nearly impossible to compare them since it had water in it. So were the silver covers that I saw the "stainless steel" or is there both silver plastic and stainless steel?

I'm guessing the silver covers you saw were the stainless option, personally I'm unaware of any 'silver colored' plastic jets. The stainless covers are polished to a mirror finish to reflect the LED pinpoint lights and cannot easily be confused with plastic. These stainless covers are not unique to Sundance - I know for a fact that at least some Hot Spring tubs have the same 'option' available, and their jets are basically the same appearance.

These jets can be removed very easily, so next time you're at the dealer ask them to do just that so you can inspect more closely.

I'm guessing the silver covers you saw were the stainless option, personally I'm unaware of any 'silver colored' plastic jets. The stainless covers are polished to a mirror finish to reflect the LED pinpoint lights and cannot easily be confused with plastic. These stainless covers are not unique to Sundance - I know for a fact that at least some Hot Spring tubs have the same 'option' available, and their jets are basically the same appearance.

These jets can be removed very easily, so next time you're at the dealer ask them to do just that so you can inspect more closely.

Thanks for the info Mike. It must all be the same. I didn't look that hard and when I questioned the sales person (different person than the one who had quoted me the included stainless steel) she just called them "silver" like a color. It is one of those things that I would never even have cared about until they tried to sell it as an "extra".