Hot Tub Motor Not Working

Tom2

I know I know I should not have bought a keys backyard tub from Costco but I did. Has worked well for 3 years but now the pump turns on for a second and turns right off. This causes a high temp code as the water is not moving through the heater. The water seems to flow/pump fine for the 1-2 seconds that it stays on for. Is this a pump/motor issue or controller/heater issue? I can replace both the heater pack and motor for around $700 but would like to know if there is a simple cause to the problem?? The M7 temp sensors? The heating element??

I know I know I should not have bought a keys backyard tub from Costco but I did. Has worked well for 3 years but now the pump turns on for a second and turns right off. This causes a high temp code as the water is not moving through the heater. The water seems to flow/pump fine for the 1-2 seconds that it stays on for. Is this a pump/motor issue or controller/heater issue? I can replace both the heater pack and motor for around $700 but would like to know if there is a simple cause to the problem?? The M7 temp sensors? The heating element??

If by chance your spa has two pumps, swap the plugs and see if the controller will run the second pump while it is plugged into the main pump's plug. Another way is unplug the pump and test the voltage. If you have voltage it is the pump.

From what you are describing I betting it it the pump

If by chance your spa has two pumps, swap the plugs and see if the controller will run the second pump while it is plugged into the main pump's plug. Another way is unplug the pump and test the voltage. If you have voltage it is the pump.

From what you are describing I betting it it the pump

Thanks for the reply but there is only one pump and it does make a kind of funny noise when it turns on the 2 seconds but water does flow. Will try new pump and if that does not work can always return it and buy new spa pack.