Can Not Adding Salt Damage The Aquarite T-cell-15

billoc

My pool maintenance guy is repeatedly slow in adding more salt after the "low salt" warning light shows on our control panel (sometimes as long as two weeks before he gets to it). My salt cell has now failed. I am curious if anyone knows if having low salt content in the pool (because my pool guy is lazy) could have caused the cell to fail.

We have an Aquarite Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo Cell.

Any insights on this are much appreciated.

Thank you.

My pool maintenance guy is repeatedly slow in adding more salt after the "low salt" warning light shows on our control panel (sometimes as long as two weeks before he gets to it). My salt cell has now failed. I am curious if anyone knows if having low salt content in the pool (because my pool guy is lazy) could have caused the cell to fail.

We have an Aquarite Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo Cell.

Any insights on this are much appreciated.

Thank you.

The Y has a salt cell, Chloromatic for both hot tub and pool, of which I'm the pool operator. From my understanding the cell can burn up if you have either too high or too low salt. Too much salt will cause the fins inside the cell to crust over and that will affect performance. Too little and they will jsut be burning water, and the fins will burn up themselves.

http://www.clean-pool-and-spa.com/salt-wat...ming-pools.html

If your salt level gets too high or too low, the unit will turn itself off to Protect the cell.

What may have happened to you (and it's impossible to tell had never seeing your system) is if the pool guy did not turn the unit OFF for 24 hours after adding salt, to allow for proper mixing of the salt. The manufacturer says that can damage the cell. Even adjustment amounts if added incorrectly, (skimmer or in deep end ).