Masterspas Lsx/?pros/cons

Julz

I have a Down East brand tub, which is made by Master Spa. All I can say is do your research. Search for Master Spa on this site, and you will see several stories about them. Some good, some bad.

My tub is an energy hog. I ended up re-insulating the entire cabinet with thicker styrofoam and the foil bubblewrap stuff to help reduce the heat loss from my cabinet. After doing that, my energy use is better, but it's still high compared to what the dealer said that it would be. I'm in a much colder climate than you, so it might not be a problem down in your area. But for the northern states, these tubs aren't insulated well enough IMO.

I'm not sure how much better the Master tubs are compared to my Down East. So do your research and make your own conclusions.

My husband and I have been researching hot tubs. Very overwhelming. We have many options.

We would like some feedback on masterspa's Lsx.(and please, no replys from the competition)

Would like feedback from real spa owners!

My wife and I have been doing a lot of research on the Master Spas, the LSX 1000 in particular because she wants the laying out option in the summer time. We have been looking for a little over a year and today we just made a down payment on a new Master Spa LSX 1000. We believe based on our research that the Master Spa is a very good unit, I would say Master Spa is in the top 5 base on other peoples opinion. One item I really liked was the fact that it has a powder coated steel frame.

My husband and I have been researching hot tubs. Very overwhelming. We have many options.

We would like some feedback on masterspa's Lsx.(and please, no replys from the competition)

My wife and I have been doing a lot of research on the Master Spas, the LSX 1000 in particular because she wants the laying out option in the summer time. We have been looking for a little over a year and today we just made a down payment on a new Master Spa LSX 1000. We believe based on our research that the Master Spa is a very good unit, I would say Master Spa is in the top 5 base on other peoples opinion. One item I really liked was the fact that it has a powder coated steel frame.

The powder coated steel frame should last ok IF done well. But personally, I wouldn't give it much weight in the selection decision process. A wood frame, of adequate beef and proper lumber (such as pressure treated or some rot/fungus resistant species) will do just as well. As long as it' "good enough", I don't see much advantage to steel. There's other things that I believe are much more important. Sometimes "features" are marketed as points of differentiation when it fact they really don't make much difference.

I would say Master Spa is in the top 5 base on other peoples opinion.

Really? I wish I knew where you found those opinions because I'd be surprised if an internet search on Master would yield that data.

Not all data has to be obtained from the internet. Vast amounts of misleading information can be found there.... We spoke personally to many spa owners in order to get a better feel for peoples opinions. We actually did some traveling just to visit people who were actual Master Spa Owners.... the LSX 1000 model owners to be exact. We felt it was worth the time to do this before we invested that amount of money. That being said, we were pleased enough with there opinions and experiences to invest in the LSX 1000.

Not all data has to be obtained from the internet. Vast amounts of misleading information can be found there.... We spoke personally to many spa owners in order to get a better feel for peoples opinions. We actually did some traveling just to visit people who were actual Master Spa Owners.... the LSX 1000 model owners to be exact. We felt it was worth the time to do this before we invested that amount of money. That being said, we were pleased enough with there opinions and experiences to invest in the LSX 1000.

Misleading information about Master? The epitome of misleading information in this industry comes FROM Master, especially with regard to their company run, traveling, false-advertising, misleading road shows where they dump product and skip town. Maybe you'll have good luck with yours (I'm not saying every Master owner regrets their purchase) but Master's spotty reputation is real and they've earned it.

LOL

Misleading information about Master? The epitome of misleading information in this industry comes FROM Master, especially with regard to their company run, traveling, false-advertising, misleading road shows where they dump product and skip town. Maybe you'll have good luck with yours (I'm not saying every Master owner regrets their purchase) but Master's spotty reputation is real and they've earned it.

Its really sad to hear such things about the Master Spa reputation.... I really hope I have better luck with our new Master spa.

Once we receive it I will try to keep an updated post on our experience. We are really pumped about it an the dealer we purchased from so far seem to be top notch. We will see.... thanks for the comments...