Spa Troubleshooting

Joemp

I just bought a used SUndance Majesta 880. I did the wiring myself. The spa heats and circulates fine. However when I turn on the lights and the pumps, after a fairly short period of time, the lights go dim, then out, then a short time later the pumps go off but without an error code and with the pump display also showing the pump as on. The display also goes very dim. :mellow: Any ideas. Could the wires be hooked up to just one leg of the 220? Thanks in advance for your help. Joe

I just bought a used SUndance Majesta 880. I did the wiring myself. The spa heats and circulates fine. However when I turn on the lights and the pumps, after a fairly short period of time, the lights go dim, then out, then a short time later the pumps go off but without an error code and with the pump display also showing the pump as on. The display also goes very dim. :mellow: Any ideas. Could the wires be hooked up to just one leg of the 220? Thanks in advance for your help. Joe

Not to be insulting, but I have to ask.... When you meter your two hot leads (red and black on the spa) do you get 220+ volts?

To be clear, it sounds like you are still powered up, but not at full power? Good advice to check the voltage, especially when the pumps shut down. If the red or the black show low or no voltage, then you know the problem is with the supply. If you are at 110 on each, then you know the problem is within the tub.

To be clear, it sounds like you are still powered up, but not at full power? Good advice to check the voltage, especially when the pumps shut down. If the red or the black show low or no voltage, then you know the problem is with the supply. If you are at 110 on each, then you know the problem is within the tub.

I do not have a volt meter, but I will see if I can get one from work Monday. I shut the breaker off for 45 minutes and then it worked fine. However, today again the pumps shut down after 10 minutes. After a while I got a FLO error. I have just purchased and refilled the tub. Can it be an air lock due to the pumps needing primed? Any idea how to do this?

I do not have a volt meter, but I will see if I can get one from work Monday. I shut the breaker off for 45 minutes and then it worked fine. However, today again the pumps shut down after 10 minutes. After a while I got a FLO error. I have just purchased and refilled the tub. Can it be an air lock due to the pumps needing primed? Any idea how to do this?

Until you can confirm that the power is okay, you should shut off your spa just in case it isn't - so you don't do any permanent damage.

Until you can confirm that the power is okay, you should shut off your spa just in case it isn't - so you don't do any permanent damage.

I agree with the caution. I'm baffled though why it would heat so well if it was a electical supply problem and the heater is the main current user.

Well, I checked all the voltages and all were fine. However when I checked the current, the both pumps were drawing very low current. About .6 amps instead of the expected 11.3 amps. When I looked at the 1 inch clear tubing with water flowing from the recirculating pump, I could see considerable air in the tubing. My guess is I'm pumping air and that is why the current is so low. Any idea how to solve this? It is a Sundance Majesta. I did take the handle off the diverter valve and bleed some air from that point. But it seems like it must be a lot of air. Also the 1 inch clear hose near the drain is very kinked due to it's location relative to the pump large output. A poor location of the two relative to one another.

Thanks in advance for your ideas. Joe