2009 Sundance Cameo Vs 2009 Hot Spring Aria

Don@LOP

I've done considerable research, and have narrowed my choice down to the Cameo and the Aria. Both brands are recognized as first rate, and the dealers are both reputable in my area. The price is about $500 more for the Cameo than the Aria, which is not significant based on the total cost. It appears however, that the Cameo offers more value in terms of number & variety of jets (i.e. 46/7 vs. 35/7). The Cameo also holds 459 gallons vs, 365 for the Aria, although that may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it. The spa will be placed near our bedroom, & both companies have assured me that because their heater is integrated with their 24 hr. circulation pump, there will not be any loud pump noises occurring during the night. A lot of money is at stake, and I'd welcome any comments from members that have experience with either or both models. Thanks very much.

I've done considerable research, and have narrowed my choice down to the Cameo and the Aria. Both brands are recognized as first rate, and the dealers are both reputable in my area. The price is about $500 more for the Cameo than the Aria, which is not significant based on the total cost. It appears however, that the Cameo offers more value in terms of number & variety of jets (i.e. 46/7 vs. 35/7). The Cameo also holds 459 gallons vs, 365 for the Aria, although that may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it. The spa will be placed near our bedroom, & both companies have assured me that because their heater is integrated with their 24 hr. circulation pump, there will not be any loud pump noises occurring during the night. A lot of money is at stake, and I'd welcome any comments from members that have experience with either or both models. Thanks very much.

I forgot to mention that I've wet tested the Sundance Maxxus & the Hot Spring Sovereign, which probably isn't fair to Hot Spring because the Maxxus is larger & is more deluxe than the Cameo, while the Sovereign does not have the features the Aria has. Unfortunately, neither dealer has the Cameo or the Aria available for wet testing. I probably preferred the Maxxus, but that may be because the Sovereign is smaller than the Aria - I'm 6'2" so the Sovereign was a little cramped for me.

We bought a 2009 Sundance Optima back in June and we're very happy with it. The brochure says the Cameo is a best buy from some consumer magazine, so that might mean something to you. The Optima and the Cameo are very similar, except the Cameo has the lounger.

I had my first call for service this past week, and I am very happy with my dealer. I called Thursday about a problem with the lights, they scheduled me for Wednesday this week. The guy showed up on time, replaced the light box, found an issue with one of the lights that caused the failure and ordered the parts right way. As stated in the warranty, no charge for parts or labor. You never know how your dealer or factory support is going to be until you actually need it, and I'm satisfied with my dealer.

We bought a 2009 Sundance Optima back in June and we're very happy with it. The brochure says the Cameo is a best buy from some consumer magazine, so that might mean something to you. The Optima and the Cameo are very similar, except the Cameo has the lounger.

I had my first call for service this past week, and I am very happy with my dealer. I called Thursday about a problem with the lights, they scheduled me for Wednesday this week. The guy showed up on time, replaced the light box, found an issue with one of the lights that caused the failure and ordered the parts right way. As stated in the warranty, no charge for parts or labor. You never know how your dealer or factory support is going to be until you actually need it, and I'm satisfied with my dealer.

Thanks Eric for the feedback - it's reassuring to know that Sundance takes care of you after the sale...I'd be curious to know how long it took you to feel comfortable learning how to adjust the jet pressure/air pressure for each seat, and whether it's easy once you get the hang of it...Thanks

Thanks Eric for the feedback - it's reassuring to know that Sundance takes care of you after the sale...I'd be curious to know how long it took you to feel comfortable learning how to adjust the jet pressure/air pressure for each seat, and whether it's easy once you get the hang of it...Thanks

Just a couple of days, if even, however I seem to find some new setting or position every week or so. Everyone in my house likes something different, be it a setting or seating position, so it's interesting when there's 2 or more of us. Once you find something you like, you can go back to it any time.

Hey Eric,

What was your problem with the lights? I bought a Sundance Hawthorne a couple of months ago, which included the LED lights option. About a week ago one or two of the lights got out of color sequence with the others. Not a big deal but I will be getting onto my dealer about it. Was yours a similar problem? Anyone else out there had this happen?

Aside from this I love this tub, and would totally recommend the Sundance brand for quality and dealer support.

Hi Don,

The Aria was consumer's best buy in 2008. And no-programming required on a hotspring. I know cause I own one. What do you like about both, and what do you dislike?

I bought a Sundance Cameo over the weekend because it met virtually all of my needs, and I have faith in the dealer. The HS Aria is an excellent product, but I felt the Cameo offers more and was a better value for less money.....I also read this forum daily for the last month, which was very helpful.

What was your problem with the lights? I bought a Sundance Hawthorne a couple of months ago, which included the LED lights option. About a week ago one or two of the lights got out of color sequence with the others. Not a big deal but I will be getting onto my dealer about it. Was yours a similar problem? Anyone else out there had this happen?

Aside from this I love this tub, and would totally recommend the Sundance brand for quality and dealer support.

The top lights suddenly displayed only blue. The big light in the footwell worked fine, but as the lights went through the colors, only blue showed up when it was called for, and they were otherwise dark. The tech installed a new light box, and the smoke leaked out of it right away ;) , so he checked all the lights and found an air valve light that was defective. At this point red and blue are the only colors working on the top side, but the footwell light still works fine. He'll be back when the parts come in.

Since it was new, I noticed that when I hold down the sequence button for 3 seconds to get the "light show", the lights will go out of sequence when I press the sequence button after the initial disco light show, for 3 or 4 presses, then it goes back to normal with the next press. I suspect this is a feature as the manual says 4 options.

Hi Don,

The Aria was consumer's best buy in 2008. And no-programming required on a hotspring. I know cause I own one. What do you like about both, and what do you dislike?

I believe he was talking about the air controls and massage selectors, which I any good hot tub would have. There's no programming beyond that in a Sundance.