Auquatremor?

dirty

The location of the jack is not in a great place. It is a 3.5mm just like the headphone jack in you player. They supply a male/male cable. My jack has corroded and needs to be replaced after 1 year. With the cover closed, it is not in the best environment for metal. Even though it has a spring loaded cap, the contacts have corroded.

Arctic flyer listed 300W amplifier. Delivery was only 65W. Tom, from the forum, forwarded this to the publishing department, or at least meant to. But they haven't updated their website or flyer in a the last couple years, so no matter.

Okay, that was the down side.

The two transducer speakers are mounted to the shell and transforms the whole shell into a speaker. As much as a subwoofer sound makes you feel just the bass notes, transducer speakers makes you feel the whole range of frequency. Very clear!

If I were to be in the marked to buy another tub with this system and know what I now know about it, would I buy the same thing?

Absolutely!

Google Clark Synthetic Transducer

I'm not sure, but I think the deluxe includes the MP3 player in a waterproof case.

The sound quality of the Aquatremor is very very good. I remember the first time I saw this system in action, and it is very impressive. When customers comes into the store, and I turn it on, they usually drop their jaw when I turn it on. The transducers have some thump to it on the bass, and the treble and sound quality is very clear as well. You can also feel the sound when sitting in the tub as well as hearing it.

The deluxe system is the same as the regular, but it adds two pop up speakers to go along with the transducers. If it were me, I would just go with the regular aquatremor, and not the deluxe. When you are sitting right by the pop up speakers, the sound is right in your ears and is very loud. That is what I prefer about the aquatremor system with the speakers being mounted underneath. The sound is very good, but doesn’t blow your ears out.

would the deluxe have a am/fm radio, cd player there are a lot of nights i like to listen to football game or baseball games or just rock out to local stations and i don't have a home theater to hook this up to??? could you if you wanted to put the speakers down and still run the aquatreemmor on the deluxe?

would the deluxe have a am/fm radio, cd player there are a lot of nights i like to listen to football game or baseball games or just rock out to local stations and i don't have a home theater to hook this up to??? could you if you wanted to put the speakers down and still run the aquatreemmor on the deluxe?

Not it does not. The systems come stereo ready, meaning you can plug in a IPod, MP3, Stereo, AM/FM radio, cd player, TV, walkman, discman, pretty much any system you want really. But yes, you can just run the aquatremor with the pop ups down if you want to with

I took this from the new Arctic brochure. Hope this helps!

Arctic Spas Sound Systems

Bring home theatre outdoors.

WetTunesTM

Arctic Spas WetTunes system incorporates a simple external hook up

to our amp and dual pop up speakers.

Use an IPOD, MP3, CD player or even a TV and play the sound

through our system. Relax and enjoy your favorite tunes.

Aquatremor® Sound System

PURE SOUND YOU CAN FEEL

The only thing better than hearing clean, crisp music, is feeling it.

With our Aquatremor sound system, you are actually sitting in the

speaker. Tactile transducers attached to the shell underside effectively

turns the shell into the speaker.

VIBRO-ACOUSTIC MASSAGE

Sitting in water with the sound resonating through the shell and

water creates the perfect environment for vibroacoustic massage. The

human body is mostly comprised of water and sound waves will pass

right through, massaging as they go. While all frequencies of sound

waves will massage, very low tones in the range of 46-68 cycles per

second have been proven to soothe and relax muscles and tissues

throughout the body. Ask about our Sonic Massage CD designed for

the Aquatremor system.

What could be better?? Music you can feel and a whole new concept

in hydrotherapy!!

Aquatremor Deluxe

For the extreme in hot tub sound, we offer our Aquatremor deluxe sound

system. We simply add our pop up speakers to the Aquatremor system.

Combining conventional speakers with to transducer technology is

guaranteed to impress.

http://www.clarksynthesis.com/pool_and_spa_products.html

One thing that you find out when you use these tactile speakers, any loose things will vibrate!

I'm still 100% satisfied with having these. The Sonic Massage CD is like swiming with whales. No music, just vibration and sounds.

Speakers on an outdoors thing worry me. Especially pop ups. I use the area they cut out for a drink holder. I'd rather have the drink holder than a speaker in that spot.

Dirty, Arctic supplies a 6ft cable. You can get longer ones from radioshack. I have a portable radio with a headphone jack and that works fine.

Arctic flyer listed 300W amplifier. Delivery was only 65W. Tom, from the forum, forwarded this to the publishing department, or at least meant to. But they haven't updated their website or flyer in a the last couple years, so no matter.

Glid, I did indeed forward that to Marketing, and they listened. The 2009 brochure no longer refers to the wattage of the amp. The website is still "under revision" according to our IT manager.

i was in w/ a salesman the other day and he had told me 300watt system? so it does come with a 65 watt amp?

Hmm..., I was always told it was a 300 watt amp as well. But, maybe I just remember reading that on the Arctic website. The amp is installed in the underneath corner of the tub, and I have never took the time to look in there to verify the amps. After hearing how loud and crisp it was, I never had any reason to doubt it. Even if it is only 65-70 amps the sound quality is second to none. You really need to go hear one in person dirty. I bet you would like it after hearing it.

Tell the salesman to stick his head under the tub and take a bite of bad info while he's there. They haven't had 300W for a while.

You wouldn't want 300W driving a transducer. It would tear out your innards!

PS. Mine didn't work at first and I had to tell the installer/drop off guy what to do to fix it. There is a 110/220v switch that was going the wrong way. It comes with an owners manual for the amp....65W amp.

i was in w/ a salesman the other day and he had told me 300watt system? so it does come with a 65 watt amp?

There's more to the changes than just the wattage. I'm looking into this and the VP Production promised to get me full details later today.

There's more to the changes than just the wattage. I'm looking into this and the VP Production promised to get me full details later today.

Hey Tom,

I did some digging on this myself, and Arctic did make a change on the amp for the Aquatremor about two years ago. They made the change because Kenwood had discontinued the 300 watt amp version they were using. They now use an amp called the A-65 amp which is a 65x2channel amp. I must have missed the bulletin that they changed, because as of last week, I was telling people it was a 300 watt amp, but I will make sure to change that going forward. The Arctic website still says it is 300 amps, but it is a little outdated, and that is supposed to be updated any time now.

Like I said earlier though, even with the 65 x 2 amp, the sound is very loud and clear. If anything, this makes the system more impressive in my eyes that it can put out that good of sound with the smaller amp.

Thanks to Glid for bringing this to my attention.

• 5 months later...
how good is the sound and is it worth the extra to have in the arctic spas? how hard is it to hook up an i pod or a stereo system to it?? would one need an outside speaker if we had this system?

I've had my tub for a year and it has the aquatremor system. I must say it absolutely 'rocks'. It's amazing how good it sounds even though the speakers are inside the tub. My only trouble with it was my kids forgot to remove the plug out of the tub and shut the lid. Now I have to wiggle the jack to get rid of the hum. I wonder how much that little mistake will cost to fix?

All in all, if I were to get another tub, I would definitely get it again!