Caldera Moorea Not Heating?

rphman

I have a Caldera Moorea that stopped heating. Nothing blinks on the control panel, circ pump is working, filter is clean, but the tub is not heating. I tried powering off the unit a couple of times and this did not do anything. Tub read that it is 91 it I turn the temp under 91 I hear the click of a relay or something. My problem is my long time dealer went out of bussiness a couple of months ago and the nearest dealer is 2 hours away! Called Caldera and the women I got was of no help saying that I did every thing and probably needed a service call and the call that dealer, called them and got voice mail for service so now waiting for a call back. UUuuuugh so much for buying a top company product from a long term dealer!!

if you do not see an error, (blinking lights, code etc. ) and your heat light is on, you may have a bad heater. also check if you have a mechanical hi limit switch, it migh be popped!

to check the heater you may need a multimeter or even an Amp clamp. check voltage to heater, if 120 or 240 VAc depending on the system, then it's providing power, then it might be the heater. if cero amps, defenetly bad heater. good luck.

if you do not see an error, (blinking lights, code etc. ) and your heat light is on, you may have a bad heater. also check if you have a mechanical hi limit switch, it migh be popped!

to check the heater you may need a multimeter or even an Amp clamp. check voltage to heater, if 120 or 240 VAc depending on the system, then it's providing power, then it might be the heater. if cero amps, defenetly bad heater. good luck.

Pulled the control cover it's a burnt heater board. Called Watkins again and got a nice tech to have a local HS dealer to take care of me (but will probably swap the board out myself). I guess this is a very common problem, this board has also been upgraded/changed already.

Pulled the control cover it's a burnt heater board. Called Watkins again and got a nice tech to have a local HS dealer to take care of me (but will probably swap the board out myself). I guess this is a very common problem, this board has also been upgraded/changed already.

So, if I am reading this correctly, you had a problem, called Caldera, they referred you to a dealer who is quite a distance away (probably not a good decision by them), you took a quick look, discovered the problem, called Caldera back immediately, talked to another rep and they arranged for local service via an HS dealer. This sounds like it took place in a short amount of time. Is this correct?

John

Board arrived to Hot Springs dealer today. Good thing is wasn't cold out. Temp went from 94 sunday to 73 today. I got the new board in this afternoon and I'm up to 94, can't wait for a soak tonight! :D This was a very easy fix, although I wish there was a closer Caldera dealer if I have another problem. But at least this local HS dealer said he'd help me out if I have another problem. B)