Sundance Hot Tub

farm boy

I recently purchased a used sundance calypso tub. The shell is in excellent condition & everything works great, On the down side the cabinet looked terrible. I have replaced 3 sides of the cabinet and intend to install doors on the equipment side, My question is should the doors have lovers for max ventalation or can I keep heat loss to a miminum bu useing solid core doors ? will the pumps over heat if I dont use lovers ???

I recently purchased a used sundance calypso tub. The shell is in excellent condition & everything works great, On the down side the cabinet looked terrible. I have replaced 3 sides of the cabinet and intend to install doors on the equipment side, My question is should the doors have lovers for max ventalation or can I keep heat loss to a miminum bu useing solid core doors ? will the pumps over heat if I dont use lovers ???

Most tubs have some ventilation on the equipment side. 'Heat loss' though these vents is intentional, i.e. it is required to prevent the pumps, heater, etc, overheating, so you risk doing just that if you don't incorporate some venting. Probably a good idea to visit your nearest Sundance dealer for their advice.

Every sundance spa I see does not have louvers on the front doors. The pump heat is exhausted through a tube in the equipment bay. The way Sundance spas are made is the equipment in sealed away from the spa shell so you won't lose spa heat. The other side to louvers is critters can get and might do some damage.

My 2009 Sundance Hawthorne has a few vertical ventilation slots in the upper half of the front panel only, I don't remember seeing any sort of tube in the equipment bay last time I opened it - maybe this is just my model, or Sundance have changed their manufacturing method since making the Calypso?

You're right about critters getting in - if you do end up having to put ventilation in probably best to avoid louvres and go with small slots where they can't get in.

Most tubs have some ventilation on the equipment side. 'Heat loss' though these vents is intentional, i.e. it is required to prevent the pumps, heater, etc, overheating, so you risk doing just that if you don't incorporate some venting. Probably a good idea to visit your nearest Sundance dealer for their advice.

Thanks too all that responded. I think I will install doors with some lovers with wire screen on the inside to keep the critters out. It's a 60 mile drive for me too the nearest Sundance dealer I might give them a call. I have never see a vent tube in the equipment bay.

Thanks Again