Water Where It Shouldn't Be

Will

My neighbor an I opened up the spa and found that the two capacitors on one of the pumps are bad. One was blown up. So I am going to replace them. But as we were in there we saw that there was a layer of water in the bottom of the casing of the spa. The spa is on a concrete foundation and does not leak. (no loss of water level) Is it common for this to occur and will is cause a capacitor to blow up? Tomorrow morning I will vaccum out the water to see if it builds agai, but for now any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My neighbor an I opened up the spa and found that the two capacitors on one of the pumps are bad. One was blown up. So I am going to replace them. But as we were in there we saw that there was a layer of water in the bottom of the casing of the spa.

Worst case scenario: What caused the capacitor to go bad? A bad motor? What cause the motor to go bad? Bad pump? I suspect before you are done you will be replacing the pump and motor assembly.