Will Bad Jet Face Gasket Cause Leak?

m4mica

I have a 1999 Tiger River Bengal that's begun to leak. It leaks very slowly with no jets, but a reasonably steady stream once the jets are on. We've gone through the drill of ripping off one wall and excavating foam... unfortunately it looks like the source was on the opposite side which would reguire a ton more foam removal. By trying the diverter in different positions I *think* I've isolated which jet is tbad. I've drained the tub and before I rip the other half of the tub apart I took a look at the jets (from the water side). I pulled the jet faces and one of them had a very mangled gasket to the air intake. Is it possible that this is the source of the leak? I don't want to be overoptimistic, but that's a really easy repair. Any thoughts, or am I doomed to a(nother) mining expedition? If nothing else I'll try that, but I hate having to continually fill / drain to test... although that sure beats the alternative.

Thanks!

I have a 1999 Tiger River Bengal that's begun to leak. It leaks very slowly with no jets, but a reasonably steady stream once the jets are on. We've gone through the drill of ripping off one wall and excavating foam... unfortunately it looks like the source was on the opposite side which would reguire a ton more foam removal. By trying the diverter in different positions I *think* I've isolated which jet is tbad. I've drained the tub and before I rip the other half of the tub apart I took a look at the jets (from the water side). I pulled the jet faces and one of them had a very mangled gasket to the air intake. Is it possible that this is the source of the leak? I don't want to be overoptimistic, but that's a really easy repair. Any thoughts, or am I doomed to a(nother) mining expedition? If nothing else I'll try that, but I hate having to continually fill / drain to test... although that sure beats the alternative.

Thanks!

Since I can't delete this thread, never mind. That is NOT the cause of the leak and on further inspection doesn't appear to be possible anyway.