Hydropool/arctic/beachcomber

netgal

Hi all! I've been combing these forums extensively but figured I should make my own post and see if I can get some direct answers.

We are in the market for a hot tub, finally, and as we live in rural Newfoundland, our options are rather limited. I know most companies will ship just about anywhere but I don't want to have to deal with someone over the phone if something goes terribly wrong.

We have narrowed it down to three models, basically, with a potential fourth.

Our choices are:

Arctic Yukon Ultra

Hydropool 725 LE

Beachcomber 720

The potential fourth would be a Bullfrog 682 but the dealer still hasn't gotten back to us on a few issues, so that one might be out of the running, depending on what the answers are.

Unfortunately, where we are, there are no wet tests available. One dealer we asked about the possibility and he looked at me as though I had three heads! The best we can do is just sit in the tubs and it's so hard to tell if it's comfortable when there's no water in it - they all feel about the same to me!

Anyway, I'm just looking for any advice. Would love to hear from anyone who actually owns any of these models.

Thanks so much!

The dealer I work with sells Bullfrog and we have extensive experience with Beachcomber. The Hydropool I, personally, would avoid, and I have no experience with Arctic Yukon.

Don't toss the possability of the Bullfrog. It is a very good tub. It is the only tub on the market with removeable jet packs, and you can customize your seats with 21 different seating options. They are even easily interchangeable from seat to seat while in the tub. Also, being a service tech, I find the Bullfrogs are the most reliable tubs. They are also very energy efficient because they have less water volume; that means less water to heat and less water to move around, and excellently insulated for the cold winters we have here in the north. The one negative about these tubs is the wall height. They have a shallower wall and many taller people feel that the Bullfrog is too shallow for them.

The Beachcombers are also very good tubs. We do not sell them, but they would be in the same class as the Bullfrogs in terms of quality and reliability. The one problem with them is that they have some parts that are specific to only them, so that only a Beachcomber dealer can fix them. That's not a problem until that dealer goes under and then you may be in a jackpot if you need service.

Hydropool is not my favorite. I have worked on a quite a few of them and find that they are poorly put together and give an all round poor quality feel.

And just for reference, we have 2 wet tubs in our showroom that any of our potential customers can climb into at any time. We encourage everyone to take our tubs for a test drive, how else will you know if it fits?

if you are having trouble getting answers about the 682, I would be happy to help. Let me know what the questions are and I will do what I can to answer them.

if you are having trouble getting answers about the 682, I would be happy to help. Let me know what the questions are and I will do what I can to answer them.

It's not so much answers about the 682, it's just that the dealer (who lives almost 3 hours away, but we are in a more remote area, and the only local dealer sells Beachcomber) hasn't gotten back about warranty issues and shipping and delivery and such. So unfortunately, they are dealer-specific questions.

We are starting to lean towards the Beachcomber, but we are a little confused by their web site and unfortunately, the dealer is closed now until Monday. Are all the 2008 Beachcomber "Limited Editions"? Are all the 2009s "Hybrids"? It would seem you need a regular edition but the dealer told my husband that all they have are the limited editions or the hybrids (depending on the year). I don't know if this just means the dealer doesn't carry anything else, or if Beachcomber just tacks on an extra label to make it sound more appealing.

Many of the spa manufacturers are marketing variants to their current lines as a cost effective entry level tub to be price point competitive with the lesser quality Chinese made brands. Bullfrog, for example, has this year introduced the "Sport" line which are the same tubs, but with lesser features that bring down the price of the tub considerably. The "Hybrid" may be a similar marketing response by Beachcomber, though I am not sure.

At any rate, if you decide to go that route, you will be happy, I am sure. They are a good tub.