Hot Tub Leak

savdoc2

We have a older hot tub made by QCA. The best I can figure is that it is at least 15 yrs old. After being empty for a very long time, we have decided to use it again. All was well for a few days, then we noticed a new leak. The jet body is leaking or at least the connections are. We have applied epoxy sealers made to seal places like this with no luck, still a drip. Our next step is to replace the jet body. The problem is that we need to figure out what jet body to order as a replacement. I can't find any markings stating brand or model. Is there a way to identify the jet body?

We have a older hot tub made by QCA. The best I can figure is that it is at least 15 yrs old. After being empty for a very long time, we have decided to use it again. All was well for a few days, then we noticed a new leak. The jet body is leaking or at least the connections are. We have applied epoxy sealers made to seal places like this with no luck, still a drip. Our next step is to replace the jet body. The problem is that we need to figure out what jet body to order as a replacement. I can't find any markings stating brand or model. Is there a way to identify the jet body?

Here are some pictures of a jet body like the one that is leaking. The number on the body is 09 0613, but I have found nothing in a search for that number.

P8170188.jpg

P8170189.jpg

P8170187.jpg

Not sure who QCA is but there are only a handful of jet body manufactures, waterway, pentair (who is not longer out there balboa bought them), Cmp and a few other small guys. best to take a phote and grab a tape measure to document what you see. post it and we will try and help you.

If the get body is not cracked which should be rare, it might be the gasket on the back if the manufacture used one. I might remove the jet body 1st clean the area where they spot faced. use a good silicone and reinstall the body.

I added some pictures. I will see if I can take some measurements. It doesn't seem to be leaking at the shell, but instead out where the hoses connect into it. Water drips off the bottom plug. Like I said we have applied a lot of epoxy sealers to the hose connections and we are still getting a drip. One of the other jet faces is a Hydro-air and I have looked extensively at their website and see nothing that looks like the one we are thinking of replacing. FYI, this is QCA's website. We have tried calling and emailing them for assistance, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks

Not sure who QCA is but there are only a handful of jet body manufactures, waterway, pentair (who is not longer out there balboa bought them), Cmp and a few other small guys. best to take a phote and grab a tape measure to document what you see. post it and we will try and help you.

If the get body is not cracked which should be rare, it might be the gasket on the back if the manufacture used one. I might remove the jet body 1st clean the area where they spot faced. use a good silicone and reinstall the body.

They were prob made by Hayward number sp1434 series. Here is some good pics, but this place only sells to retailers

http://www.horizonparts.net/store/main.asp...tem=54-150-W001

Hayward made alot of jets for spa manufactures. If the inside nozzle matches any in the pic, its from Hayward. It has all the part numbers on the right side of the list.

One pipe is for water and one should be from the air control

That does look very similar. The other one I found that is similar is Waterway 210-5860, but again not exact.

When I measured the best I could in an awkward position, I found that both hoses (air & water) have an outside diameter of 1.25. The picture I took is on one corner and has caps on the one side of the body and the caps measured 1.25in. The main body appears to have a diameter of 4 in. The top plug measures 1 in and the bottom plug 7/8in.

Thanks again.