Free Sequoia Spa To Good Home ... You Take It

I have a 7.5 foot Sequoia Spa - two pumps, blower, timer, ozone , six seater. I think it was the xl3000.

Its electric work is fine (240V) shell is good, cover is five-six years old, it's OK. We installed a new control panel, and a new thermostat a year ago. It has a mechanical timer that works -- also "summer" and "winter" settings. No known problems with the pumps, blower, electrics, etc.

We also have a cover lifter on it, recently re-done , with new piping and chains -- that goes with it.

Now the bad -- there are leaks, apparently in the plumbing. We had one fixed, we stripped away the foam, had a plumber fix it, only to learn that there is at least one other leak. We have opted to get rid of it as part of an outdoor-patio-deck renovation project (a BIG one) which includes a new spa (right now debating between Arctic and Jacuzzi, another topic for another thread.

It has a Delzone ozonator, but that needs a bulb replacement. The tub light is also gone, that's a little part, but a little work to replace. And, as I said -- the leaks are likely in the plumbing. If you're handy with PVC plumbing and can re-spray the foam back in before the winter sets in, this is for you.

Shell and casing seem to be fine -- the wood could use a little UV-Stain (I have a gallon and you can take it).

It's in northeastern Massachusetts. You like it, you take it, you own it, you enjoy it. Now -- if no one wants it, it goes under a Sawzall and will, sadly, end up in the local landfill along with our old deck.

THAT WILL BREAK OUR HEARTS. We've had too many good times in it to see it cast to that fate. If you want it, shoot us an e-mail. I have manuals, etc. , we're 30 miles north of Boston and near New Hampshire.

Shoot us an e-mail with a phone number.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 7.5 foot Sequoia Spa - two pumps, blower, timer, ozone , six seater. I think it was the xl3000.

Its electric work is fine (240V) shell is good, cover is five-six years old, it's OK. We installed a new control panel, and a new thermostat a year ago. It has a mechanical timer that works -- also "summer" and "winter" settings. No known problems with the pumps, blower, electrics, etc.

We also have a cover lifter on it, recently re-done , with new piping and chains -- that goes with it.

Now the bad -- there are leaks, apparently in the plumbing. We had one fixed, we stripped away the foam, had a plumber fix it, only to learn that there is at least one other leak. We have opted to get rid of it as part of an outdoor-patio-deck renovation project (a BIG one) which includes a new spa (right now debating between Arctic and Jacuzzi, another topic for another thread.

It has a Delzone ozonator, but that needs a bulb replacement. The tub light is also gone, that's a little part, but a little work to replace. And, as I said -- the leaks are likely in the plumbing. If you're handy with PVC plumbing and can re-spray the foam back in before the winter sets in, this is for you.

Shell and casing seem to be fine -- the wood could use a little UV-Stain (I have a gallon and you can take it).

It's in northeastern Massachusetts. You like it, you take it, you own it, you enjoy it. Now -- if no one wants it, it goes under a Sawzall and will, sadly, end up in the local landfill along with our old deck.

THAT WILL BREAK OUR HEARTS. We've had too many good times in it to see it cast to that fate. If you want it, shoot us an e-mail. I have manuals, etc. , we're 30 miles north of Boston and near New Hampshire.

I am working on a hot springs sovereign for myself right now but my buddy is looking for a spa project for his new house. We live in western Mass (Monson) he is a contractor with a trailer to haul it. I will give him a printout of your description tomorrow and see if he is interested.

spauser1849

Forgot to give you my e mail. It's markpekala@comcast.net. Send me yours and I'll have my friend contact you directly if he is interested. We were just talking today about scheduling his lull to lift mine up on my deck and he was saying he misses his tub at his old house but couldn't afford a new one right now.

I would absolutely steer clear of the Arctic Spas

I paid top dollar, thinking that I would be getting a great product WITH a great warranty, but everything keeps breaking, the plastic jets, the pumps, the filter pump, the air bubbling system, and while it is still under warranty, I keep getting the run around about having to pay a new travel fee in order to get the repair men to come. (Also, I have to wait months while the very apologetic, but very inept people keep telling me that the parts on on order and they are really really sorry that it is taking this long to get the parts in stock.)

Also, the cost to keep it warm in the winter is over $150 a month. I cannot compare that to the cost of heating another spa, but the good people who sold me the spa took a wild guess at about $30 a month, max.

Email me privately if you want more information