Debating Between Limelight Flair & Artesian Grand Bahama, Are These Good Prices? Rants/raves About These Tubs

Hi,

Currently I have 2 front runners for a spa that we want to get. The Limelight Flair which we got quoted for $6999.00. It comes with the Cover, Cover lifter, Steps, Chemicals, 3 year warranty, Delivery and Setup. If we want Ozone it will be $7200.00. The Limelight Flair is standard with the LED's, Circ. Pump and a Waterfall. The Artesian Grand Bahama with the 44 jets is quoted as follows, Base Price is $7099 and that includes Cover, Cover lifter, Steps, Chemicals, 3 year warranty, Delivery and Setup as well. Then it is an extra $300.00 for Circulation pump, $300.00 for LED lights, $200.00 for Waterfall bringing the total too $7899.00. Then it would be $200.00 more if we wanted Ozone. This price is for the regular jets, not stainless and regular cabinet not the Permawood. I didn't even ask what it would be with those 2 features. Are these good prices? I'm leaning more towards the Grand Bahama as it is bigger then the Flair and I like that. Anyone own either of the tubs? Do you like them? Are they lasting you awhile? Also is a Circulation pump really more Energy efficient? Is it worth the extra money to upgrade the Grand Bahama to have a Circ. Pump? I also wonder about Ozone, is it necessary? The guy at the one store I visited actually said it will make your cover and pillows breakdown faster. I was surprised he actually tried to talk us out of it considering they would make more money, but at least he was honest. No one else told us this, is that even true? Thanks for the help :D

Hi,

Currently I have 2 front runners for a spa that we want to get. The Limelight Flair which we got quoted for $6999.00. It comes with the Cover, Cover lifter, Steps, Chemicals, 3 year warranty, Delivery and Setup. If we want Ozone it will be $7200.00. The Limelight Flair is standard with the LED's, Circ. Pump and a Waterfall. The Artesian Grand Bahama with the 44 jets is quoted as follows, Base Price is $7099 and that includes Cover, Cover lifter, Steps, Chemicals, 3 year warranty, Delivery and Setup as well. Then it is an extra $300.00 for Circulation pump, $300.00 for LED lights, $200.00 for Waterfall bringing the total too $7899.00. Then it would be $200.00 more if we wanted Ozone. This price is for the regular jets, not stainless and regular cabinet not the Permawood. I didn't even ask what it would be with those 2 features. Are these good prices? I'm leaning more towards the Grand Bahama as it is bigger then the Flair and I like that. Anyone own either of the tubs? Do you like them? Are they lasting you awhile? Also is a Circulation pump really more Energy efficient? Is it worth the extra money to upgrade the Grand Bahama to have a Circ. Pump? I also wonder about Ozone, is it necessary? The guy at the one store I visited actually said it will make your cover and pillows breakdown faster. I was surprised he actually tried to talk us out of it considering they would make more money, but at least he was honest. No one else told us this, is that even true? Thanks for the help :D

A circulation pump is definitely the more energy efficient method but there are 2 other reasons I would personally go that route; it is quieter since you aren't having to run the main pump for filtering twice/day (how much that matters depends largely on how close the spa is to the house) and a circ pump allows for ozone 24/7 as opposed to just 6 hrs per day (typically about how long you'd filter using a 2-spd pump). As far as the ozonator goes, I would definitely get that option (especially if the spa has a circ pump) but I'd also want it to be a CD type vs a UV type which are typically far less effective. Ozone certainly can discolor the pillows and the bottom of the cover but it also can be a great help in water care and is certainly worth that trade off IMO.

I would never honestly try to talk anyone out of Ozone. It's a very beneficial system. But, Ozone is an oxidizer, so it will potentially break things down. As a general rule though, I've not seen people replace covers or pillows any earlier with Ozone than they would without it (in my experience).

As a Hot Spring dealer (I also sell Limelight) I'd definitely lean that direction. Especially considering the fact that it's less expensive. I honestly believe the spas made by Watkins Manufacturing (who makes Limelight & Hot Spring) are absolutely fantastic products. You definitely can't go wrong with them. And because they are designed to run on the circulation pump specifically (and not as an upgrade) it'll probably be the more efficient spa anyhow.

If the Flair model is a little small for you, I'd suggest looking at the Limelight Pulse model if you have not already. It's got a lot more seating/room, however does not have the lounge seat in it. Has the same lights and waterfall feature.

If your Limelight dealer is only charging $200 for an ozone upgrade that's a pretty good deal. I'd inquire as to which type of ozone it is though. Hot Spring's standard ozone system is a CD-Cell based Ozone and generally costs more, but does not require parts replacement. If it's a cheaper UV or CD-chip based ozone, it will eventually require replacement of the chip or UV bulb.

I'm not sure what kind of Ozone it has, I'd have to ask, never thought about that so thanks. We talked the girl down from $400.00 for the Ozone to $200.00 at the Limelight dealer, does that sound more like the price it would be? I was surprised we got her to drop it in half but she did. We did look at the Pulse but we definetly want a lounger so it was out. Thanks for the replies and keep them coming!

I'm not sure what kind of Ozone it has, I'd have to ask, never thought about that so thanks. We talked the girl down from $400.00 for the Ozone to $200.00 at the Limelight dealer, does that sound more like the price it would be? I was surprised we got her to drop it in half but she did. We did look at the Pulse but we definetly want a lounger so it was out. Thanks for the replies and keep them coming!

I'm not surprised she lowered it to help make a deal and it could be as simple as that but make sure she didn't come down simply by switching it to a cheaper UV ozonator.

I'd inquire as to which type of Ozone it is. $400 to $200 would be about the difference between retail pricing for CD ozone and UV ozone. It's worth it to spend more now for the CD-Cell ozone Hot Spring uses normally. The UV ozone systems need replacement of the bulb every 12-18 months I think. That'll cost you way more than $200 over the life of the hot tub. Same if it's CD-chip based ozone, that chip will need replaced as well.

Not to mention, the CD Ozone units output more ozone than the UV systems I do believe.

Thanks for the input. We made a decision and ordered it yesterday. We ended up going with the Grand Bahama. We got the guy to come down to $7300 which is what we wanted to pay instead of the $7900.00. I couldn't believe he actually dropped it. We were prepared to have to go with the Flair but he went for it so we got it. He said one reason they could drop the price is because they were about to have one shipped in and could add ours to the truck so it wouldn't add on to their shipping costs which is $700.00 for the shipping. So he added it on that truck and we will get it in about 4 weeks. We got it with the Circ pump, Led lights, Waterfall, Cover, Chemicals, Steps and Delivery and setup. We got the permawood, it came standard on their tubs so it wasn't an extra cost. We didn't get an Ozone as they only have the one that will need replacement parts and we don't want that one. We don't really care that much as we should be able to do a good enough job on the chemicals. Thanks for the help guys :) We can't wait to get it!