Newbie Q: 2001 Beachcomber $5500 Cdn - Fair Deal?

BC 5300, $5500 CDN - buy or no buy  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Purchase decision

• Don't buy
    • Buy
    • Go with other brands ;-)

We're currently looking for a used hot tub due to budget constraints and the fact that we like getting a good deal out of things. I would appreciate if someone could tell a good price for the following USED tub:

- Beachcomber 530, made in 2001 (CORRECTION: 2003, not that it changes a lot)

- Used INDOORS all it's life

- New cover and some jets (due to them breaking, I guess)

- No GFCI included

- Asking $5500 Canuck $

I think the asking price is quite high, and I would imagine $2500 would probably be fair. Yes? No? Maybe? ;-)

We're in eastern ontario btw, which has a fairly cold climate (similar to northern NY but less snow ;-). I find used tubs seem to hold their value here, since we're in a government town ... no recession to worry about.

I would appreciate any comments. Our other 'likes' list includes Caldera, Arctic, and Jacuzzi.

Would going to NY state to get a used tub be wiser? We're close to Ogdensburg, Massena and Governour. Or, perhaps shopping for a demo tub? Big thanks in advance.

$5500 is way too high for an 8 year old spa. If you're gonna spend that much, I'd spend the extra to get into something new (or demo, etc). I agree, $2500 or $3000 would be fair. Beachcomber makes a good spa, no worries there. You gotta decide how much you want to spend I guess.

$5500 is way too high for an 8 year old spa. If you're gonna spend that much, I'd spend the extra to get into something new (or demo, etc). I agree, $2500 or $3000 would be fair. Beachcomber makes a good spa, no worries there. You gotta decide how much you want to spend I guess.

Agreed...Way to much.. you can a great spa for $5500 brand new with full warranty.