Salt Hot Tub

miko9

Most pool salt generators are not designed for such a small body of water. If your spa is under warranty, I'd avoid doing something like this all together.

If it's outside of warranty, I probably wouldn't mess with it either, simply because the salt generators on the market are likely not going to scale down to such a small size very well. For portable hot tubs, there really hasn't been a solid salt generating system released to the market yet.

Someday.

Most pool salt generators are not designed for such a small body of water. If your spa is under warranty, I'd avoid doing something like this all together.

If it's outside of warranty, I probably wouldn't mess with it either, simply because the salt generators on the market are likely not going to scale down to such a small size very well. For portable hot tubs, there really hasn't been a solid salt generating system released to the market yet.

Someday.

Right now I would also hold off on the salt system for spas. There are a couple out there, but I would wait see to long term operation of them. When bigger companies start making them, Hayward, Pentair, Balboa, Gecko, Pentair etc. Then I would look at them.

can I put a pool salt system on my hot tub.

has always been bromine.

will i need other chemicals?

We have been testing an aftermarket salt water chlorine generator in our store for the last couple of months and it has worked great. The water has remained crystal clear throughout and chlorine levels have been maintained no problem. The only other product we have needed to add is ph down.

I cannot comment on what its like under bather load because we are only using it on one tub which hasnt had many wet tests recently. Its called Aqua Blue Spa and can be viewed here on the manufacturers website: www.pmp-tec.com

This costs around £350 over here in the UK and the salt packs cost about £20 which last 3 months until you change the water.

Hope this helps.

can I put a pool salt system on my hot tub.

has always been bromine.

will i need other chemicals?

Yes you can use a salt system in your hot tub. I'm the pool operator at the local YMCA. We have a 1000 gallon HT and have a salt system. The name of the cell is Chloromatic. You can call TMI Salt Pure based out of Washington.

The only other chemicals you'll need are Sodium Bicarb, for pH and alkalinity, muriatic acid, and maybe calcium. Check the pH, alk. and hardness of your fill water first so you'll have a good starting point. You may want to get a salt meter to check the salinity of the hot tub as well. TMI can help with this.

Pool Maintenance