Should I Leave My Water Circulating Or Should I Program Different Cycles?

Thanks for reading my question - I am sorry if it sounds a little elementary!

I was reading my hot tub manual (06 Sundance Maxxus spa) tonight and it explains that I can leave my tub in "standard" mode which continually filters the water. This is the way it is set up now.

It also says that I could elect to have the tub only do this at certain times, which I am invited to program.

I am curious as to why I would want to select this type of filtering? Surely it is more sanitary to have the machine continually filtering the water all of the time?

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply!

Thanks for reading my question - I am sorry if it sounds a little elementary!

I was reading my hot tub manual (06 Sundance Maxxus spa) tonight and it explains that I can leave my tub in "standard" mode which continually filters the water. This is the way it is set up now.

It also says that I could elect to have the tub only do this at certain times, which I am invited to program.

I am curious as to why I would want to select this type of filtering? Surely it is more sanitary to have the machine continually filtering the water all of the time?

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply!

Hi Julian and welcome. The only silly question is the one not asked!

Filtration is dependant on bather load. If the tub is used heavily (4-5 people 3+ times a week) additional filtration is a good thing. If your tub came with a seperate circulation pump, those are designed to run 24/7 and draw very little power to do so. If your main jet pump is operating the filtration, it's best to run it on filtration cycles. 2 - 4Hour cycles on average IMO.

That's the basics but if you require additional information of details, let me know.

Steve

Your fellow Brit! :D

The other filter settings are there for if you are not using your tub all that often then you would change your filter settings to whatever you believe will be enough filtration to suit your bather load.

The settings also help for the warm weather seasons so that your tub is not running during the hottest times of the day which in turn cause a bit of heat creap.

If you have a Maxxus I would think it is equiped with a 24 hr system so I wouldnt worry too much about the other filtration settings. Im not an expert with the settings on a sundance but Im sure someone else will be along to give you a bit more info

Thanks chaps.

It does have a 24 hour pump that does seem to move a lot of water. I think the manual means that changing modes will actually turn off this 24 hour setting and instead only circulate for the selected times - which would certainly seem daft.

As a layman it would seem a great idea to have a system like this that circulates water all the time rather than just doing it for a certain number of times in 24 hours?

Thanks chaps.

It does have a 24 hour pump that does seem to move a lot of water. I think the manual means that changing modes will actually turn off this 24 hour setting and instead only circulate for the selected times - which would certainly seem daft.

As a layman it would seem a great idea to have a system like this that circulates water all the time rather than just doing it for a certain number of times in 24 hours?

I fully agree with your observation. :)

Well, that will likely do for me then. I shall leave the control panel alone.

Why is it that whenever there is a control panel and a load of buttons one finds it very difficult to resist the temptation to start prodding at it? There is nothing wrong with my water or anything else and yet here I am considering altering something!!!

Must leave it alone...Must leave it alone...Must :lol: