Repair Or Replace Swg System

Gfam

I started my post on June 12 and received some great advice from Pool Clown [thanks again] I believe that we may be looking at replacing the board(s). However, I would like feedback on our next train of thought--> Should we replace the board or boards that only support the T15 cell or replace the entire SWG system so that we would be looking at significantly reduced costs for replacement cells in the future? Here are the specifics.

We have recently installed an UltraPure Ozonator, our Chlorine Generator is a SmartPure Sanitizer II with an AquaRite turbo cell (TCell15). The system was installed in 2003. We have had 2 other cells, the main board was replaced 2 weeks after install and repaired once after that. Considering that the board(s) need to be replaced and that the TCell 15 will be the most expensive cell to replace, we are considering purchasing a new [complete] system. The T15cell alone runs about 500, seems we can get a basic SWG for $600-700 including the cell. Few questions - how difficult might this be to replace the old system with new? Seems another Aquarite might just switch out. What about some of the other manufacturers? How similar are these systems? The Blue Essence looks strikingly similar to Aqua Rite system and was wondering if maybe it was manufactured by them just under a different name? Does anyone have experience with the Blue Essence system, or Compu Pool?

What about input from someone that has replaced their board(s) what amount are we looking at to do just that? Of course ideas of the best place to get the parts or system at the best price would also be appreciated. Many thanks

Replacing parts on a Chlorine generator is expensive to say the least (at least the 3 to 5 systems that I work on). Buying a new system other than to be able to hook up to your automation, may not be the best move economically. I guess you would have to weigh the costs of comparable parts, Main boards, sensors, cells, etc. Having said that, you would get a warranty with a new unit. Maybe shop for the best warranty (longest time).

If I replace the main board will I be able to use the newer cells (9 or 5) instead of the 15?

Replacing parts on a Chlorine generator is expensive to say the least (at least the 3 to 5 systems that I work on). Buying a new system other than to be able to hook up to your automation, may not be the best move economically. I guess you would have to weigh the costs of comparable parts, Main boards, sensors, cells, etc. Having said that, you would get a warranty with a new unit. Maybe shop for the best warranty (longest time).