Patio Materials Around Fiberglass Pool

Hi Everybody, this is my first post. We are having a San Juan Phoenix model swimming pool installed next week. I am trying to decide what type of patio to do. We will need approx 1000 sq ft of materials for around the pool and patio area for the job. At first I wanted just plain brushed concrete to keep the pool space clean and crisp looking. My installer has suggested stones which will allow easier access (vs. cutting concrete) to plumming around pool, should that be needed. The price will be about the same, approx $8 sq ft. My concern is that it will be too busy looking. Any thoughts or advice out there? Thank you in advance.

I had my pool installed last year. I had stamped concrete installed around my pool. If I had to do it over I would go with the plain concrete. The stamped with coloring looked good initially, but over the winter it started to scale and now it doesn;t look as good... If your installer is telling you that you need to worry about future problems with the plumbing I would worry about the quality of his work. Pavers have been going out of style because of setteling problems. Most new Paver installations have a concrete foundation now rather than the sand and rock base because of settling problems.

Thanks for your response. I've seen brushed concrete right up to the edge of pools and wondered how often it happens that it needs to be cut away to complete repairs to jets/lines etc. Anyone else out there have experience with this? As for settling of pavers, our installer said that the heaving was due to improper installation.....he's not planning on using concrete as a foundation. Will need to give this some thought....

Was your stamped concrete sealed? I've heard that this needs to be completed regularly. I would really like to have a brushed white concrete like I've seen around so many pools in Florida, but here in Ontario we don't have that nice white sand, it's limestone, and I don't know if you can make concrete lighter by adding colour...anybody know? Thanks.