First Refill Coming Up

Tomab

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready for the first water change coming up shortly. Brand new tub with no water quality problems what so ever (knock on wood). It's been about 3 months.

Since I have had no problems with water should I just drain and refill or is there a standard procedure I should follow in order to keep things in check like wiping down the shell or running a cleaner through?....those sort of things?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready for the first water change coming up shortly. Brand new tub with no water quality problems what so ever (knock on wood). It's been about 3 months.

Since I have had no problems with water should I just drain and refill or is there a standard procedure I should follow in order to keep things in check like wiping down the shell or running a cleaner through?....those sort of things?

Thanks

I've heard that it's a good idea to let the tub cool down from 104 degrees before putting the 55 degree water in it. At least that's what they say up hear in MN.

Paul

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

I've heard that it's a good idea to let the tub cool down from 104 degrees before putting the 55 degree water in it. At least that's what they say up hear in MN.

Paul

Now that does seem like a good idea...never thought about that one. Could shock the hell out of the plumbing and shell.

I just drain and refill, unless there's been a problem with something growing in the tub. There are Spa Flush chemicals you can add to the old water before you drain it, to get any concealed funk out of the pipes. Then suck the old water out of the jets with a wet/dry vacuum cleaner.

There's a decontamination proceedure posted here somewhere for that though.

Dave

Thanks for the replies. Any other insight? Just drain and refill or drain, clean, refill? What does everyone else do?

Thanks

TURN OFF THE BREAKER FIRST!!!!!

I refill with a filter on the end of my hose. It helps remove the minerals in the well water.