Inherited Tub

aceuass

Hi gang I was given a Coleman 411 opal, I looked at it before filled with water and the pumps work but the water temp wont go past 85, I decided to take it and buy a complete new spa pack(any recommendations) but I have no knowledge of spas and of course I have no manual, there are 2 pumps-

1=coleman spa powerwroks 230v dual speed 1 1/2-1/6 hp 8.4 amps

2=coleman spa powerworks 230v 1 1/2 hp 7.5amps

and 1 blower

conger brothers 422007ct, 4.5 amps, 240v, 140cfm static PSI 3.8

The original control pack is a coleman powerworks II control system (circuit is Balboa 400-ca)

I intend to get a new ozone system (the original system was a coleman powerworks ozone system series IV, UV bulb chamber)

Any recomendations as to upgrade and any help on what a newbie needs to know about spas

Thanks

Paul

I see one of these every 3 days. This should be a Gecko spa pack. IF it's newer 3 years old or newer it will not have a pressure switch. If it's older then jump the pressure switch with the power off and then turn it back on and see if the temp goes up. It's almost always the Heater. Turn the GFCI off. Open the pack, disconnect the two heater connections. Test for continuity then for resistance reading of 11.2-.8 if it's the 5.5kw. up to 14.6 for the 4kw. If it's not the heater then replace the temp sensor.

Hi gang I was given a Coleman 411 opal, I looked at it before filled with water and the pumps work but the water temp wont go past 85, I decided to take it and buy a complete new spa pack(any recommendations) but I have no knowledge of spas and of course I have no manual, there are 2 pumps-

1=coleman spa powerwroks 230v dual speed 1 1/2-1/6 hp 8.4 amps

2=coleman spa powerworks 230v 1 1/2 hp 7.5amps

and 1 blower

conger brothers 422007ct, 4.5 amps, 240v, 140cfm static PSI 3.8

The original control pack is a coleman powerworks II control system (circuit is Balboa 400-ca)

I intend to get a new ozone system (the original system was a coleman powerworks ozone system series IV, UV bulb chamber)

Any recomendations as to upgrade and any help on what a newbie needs to know about spas

Thanks

Paul

If the spa is operating good with al the functions working with no error codes on the display. If you can test for voltage at the heater lugs when spa is calling for heat should be 230 volts. If you have voltage you just need a heater.

If you want to upgrade the pack anyways I would go with a Balboa or Hydroquip

The balboa pack you need is number 52319HC-2 control panel sold seperate that number is 53189-01

Hydroquip pack is number CS-9400-U control panel included

The heater for this tub is a 100-371 number. That is a coleman/maax spa part number.

Another is spa components brands and that number is B24055S.

Let me know if you any other help I have been a coleman spa tech forever