Swim Spa

kittycat

Welcome Kittycat,

10K is a good deal if the tub is in good shape, but they are big and awkward and moving them could be tough. I just posted yesterday on the "20' swimtub" thread and gave some thoughts on the H2X cross trainer (the 14'7'' tub)

A few things come to mind:

1) check out your local dealer, at least see how long they have been in business. (I have had good luck with a dealer in the Boston area, also Merrimack NH).

2) moving it requires a large flatbed towtruck, will the current owner let you on the yard or do you have to lift it.

3) I would really want to see it running and check all the jets (they seem a little flimsy). Was it running all winter, if not I'd want it inspected by a Technician.

There are a lot of nooks and cranny's water can hide in the tub and plumbing. I cleaned my tub last week and took one of the lower grates off the swim propulsion end and there is a 8" trough that water will not drain out of and I would not like to think of it freezing in there. By the way I suggest taking that grate off and running a shop vac in there to get out crap left from manufacturing. I sprayed the Propeller cavity with a hose and sucked it out with a shop vac .... repeat 7 times -_-

Overall, I'm happy with the tub, but I'm not a tri-athlete and under 6'.

Good luck with your search

Let me add, that I did not know of Masterspa's rep when I bought it, but I used the dealer for my deck and installation and have benn happy with them, I also know that there is a warranty and I can be a company's worst nightmare if I'm not happy with service.

Let me add, that I did not know of Masterspa's rep when I bought it, but I used the dealer for my deck and installation and have benn happy with them, I also know that there is a warranty and I can be a company's worst nightmare if I'm not happy with service.

You can only be a nightmare to a company that cares!!

Master may not be a company I'd want to buy from but in this case it used so there is no warranty for them to dance around. I assume this is from a dealer. While I'd worry about overall quality and how well it holds up the dealer relationship is key. They can make up for some of Master's shortcomings but I'd insist on some kind of in store warranty, such as 6 months so I know I'm getting something that will operate properly long enough for me to get to know it. I'd still be very worried about how well this thing in insulated if its built like their standard spas.

Thanks for the reply, no its not from a dealer, customer is selling it.

crane company is loading it. No warranty, Said everything is good. it was inside.

I hope you at least saw it operational in the previous owner's back yard! Banking on the previous owner saying "everything was running fine" is right up there with "the checks in the mail".

You can only be a nightmare to a company that cares!!

You are correct. BUT... Yes, I have admitted before, we did not do our homework when we bought this, which is unusual for us. But I really wanted one and the wife said yes, so I jump without a backup chute. The dealer has a another associated business and has been around since the 20's and have a name to protect.

We are happy so far, except for the heating cost. I looked in one end when we hooked up the electrical, it does have lots of foam, inside, but I hope to open all sides up this summer or figure something out